ForumsProgramming ForumIs making games funnier than playing them?

6 5465
trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

In my opinion "YES, it is".

I'm NOT making games, but I'm MAKING a lot of funny and refined levels in games (not flash games).
You're puting love in them, You have to learn how to do it - And it's funny!!!

Even @Jimp has posted that "making games is much funnier than playing games".

What is Your opinion about it?

• 6 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I haven't had that experience. But I don't think so.

Kumar_Sn
Kumar_Sn
1 posts
Nomad

No, it's not funny at all.

Making the game requires programming skill which is not easy as playing the game i'd say. We should always Need to think of unique concepts, graphics, player character, hostile characters (enemies), ect. You also should NOT copy nor stealing the concept of other games.

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

I understand - It's HARD!
But In my opinion, it's great to see how your "art" is becoming more than just some pixels.

So it's FUNNY and HARD.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

But In my opinion, it's great to see how your "art" is becoming more than just some pixels.

Not necessary that the art should be completely ours. Maybe @huwbert2013 can tell more about it?

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

Yes @akshobhya, true the art in a game needn't be created by the programmer. There are lots of artist out there who cannot code and coders who cannot draw. So either co-op between both coder and artist or purchasing art from a third party site is perfectly ok.
I myself tried a drag and drop SDK called GameSalad to create the game mechanics, because I am too old to learn new computer language skills.
Unfortunately the free engine has now become pay only, so I will not be finishing my game.
Yes it was enjoyable to be able to see your ideas "come to life".

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

Art = Game.

Showing 1-6 of 6