ForumsGamesSwords&Souls II: Your ideas!

1403 328139
SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I'd like to inform you the game design of S&S2 is pretty much done, and I'm glad to tell you that LOT of stuff you mentioned will be in the game
That doesn't include multiplayer, which is impossible for us to make right now.
Here is a short list of the game features:
- World map of the Neverseen to explore. Main path + other side quests locations.
- Town to build and upgrade. Cool NPC to discover and interact with. (Blacksmith, alchemist, in keeper, other weirdos...)
- More dynamic combat system (real time dodge, block, counter, critical, etc.)
- More interesting enemies: attack patterns, abilities and Epic Boss Fight!
- Deeper Hero customization (Male/Female, More skins, skills, abilities, equipment, stats, etc.)
- Evolution in Training mini game with more features to unlock as you progress, more missions, medals, etc.
- 6 Different weapons class to upgrade/equip/loot individually.
- Unique Armor system to collect and upgrade.
- Awesome art and animations improvement
- Pets to catch and rich ally system, they will help you in fights.
- Secrets hidden in the dark...
- TONS of other stuff we want to add if we have time

• 1,403 Replies
xGunGrave
xGunGrave
1 posts
Jester

skill tree to create builds, maybe a bit of a story so it have charismatic characters to fit, PLEASE just DONT make it an IDLE game
uve created a pretty awesome game.. the training part was so cool..
edit.. yeah i like idle part of bank but dont add MAJOR features to be idle please u.u

007Jets
007Jets
2 posts
Peasant

Pet System idea is great. I think pets need their own abilities/skills too. And shops can sell armor / potions for pets as well I think Bank should be upgradeable , we could upgrade banks money limit for offline hours . And this game needs more customizable character creation options You rock btw Its one of the best browser games I've ever played

Petar1997
Petar1997
2 posts
Peasant

pets preferably dragons cause i love dragons x3

HPR0406
HPR0406
7 posts
Shepherd

maybe a bit more interactive fight style? maybe something with the arrow keys or something?

HPR0406
HPR0406
7 posts
Shepherd

and an option to make female characters. We girls can fight too!

Oehtab
Oehtab
2 posts
Farmer

I think the game is nearly flawless, as it´s addictive and fun! You should, however, add more training types (that´s what I really loved, cause it also sharpens reflexes), more secrets, achievements, more things to build (castl-ish house with towers, hiring soldiers, et cetera) and simply expand and branch what you have worked hard for. Adding factions, more Arenas (e.g. travelling into different cities, continents perhaps, to fight more specific opponents, who would be great in certain abilities, damage/health), Black Market stuff, and so on... basically going more into the RPG genre, I suppose. Pet System and Skill Tree are great ideas. Optimizing the character´s abilities and being able to focus onto Critical Strikes (for example) could be awesome.

Either way, whatever you´ll do, I thank you for having a truly great time playing Swords and Souls, the very first game to come out in months and remind me of good old Sonny times!

kusij01
kusij01
2 posts
Peasant

My English is very bad and i please excuse me. You can add a loot system(common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary items which can get passed the challenge). You can rework a bosses, because they are common units but slightly stronger. Can added a upgrade system(for player, for pet, even to own castle with blackjack and.... dragons). I very want's to see the helmet's in game(very epic helmets). Economy..... It's very bad and stupid in first part of game. You just leave the game on a day(or a week) and get paid.
I think it's really stupid. At least you can do that you send their students on task, improve school adding new students, teach students, purchasing their equipment. And you can add some story fo your game.

P.S. Online battles - it's good

UzumakiDeh
UzumakiDeh
1 posts
Shepherd

I would love to add status in my weapons, shields and stuff. Kinda like slots that you can add stun, poison, you know?

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

hiring adventurers!

kamileo96
kamileo96
1 posts
Peasant

Add PvE raids like in WoW

the3o0
the3o0
2 posts
Herald

Okay, so my idea kind of combines the ideas of two prospective features. This could add something that is somewhat of a middle ground between a big skill tree, and new weapons; that being different fighting styles. Moreso than just bland "Axe fighting style" which makes you x more effective when using axes. I mean something like a ninja fighting style; you're more effective with short blades and light throwing items. You have x bonus to a speed trait giving you the ability to attack twice every once in a while, or something of that sort. Heavy armor is x less effective when using this style, and you get x bonus to a skill, say agility, when wearing light armor. And then maybe have something like a berserker fighting style; you're more effective with heavy and two handed weapons. You are more effective with either heavy, or no armor, receiving bonuses to certain skills like theorized above. If you sport no armor, you go into and uncontrollable rage after dropping below x health, and if hefting heavy armor you receive x penalty to agility, but x bonus to constitution.

And a possible way of unlocking these would be to insert x amount of skill points into say, strength oriented skills for berserker, or x points into agility oriented skills for ninja. Or you unlock berserker once you achieve x goal in a strength training minigame, or ninja once you achieve x combo in an agility minigame. Several different ways to unlock them could be explored.

This would not only give you big bonuses after spending a certain amount of points wisely, but it also offers an incentive to focus on one or two skill sets to receive big bonuses in said skills as early as possible. This is just something that I think would be a cool bonus to work towards, while also giving you certain things to focus on early in the game, like agility based skills and light weapons/armor for ninja, or strength based skills and heavy armor/weapons for berserker.

This also paves the way for a multitude of different play styles that would be more or less effective on different enemies, which would add a very big dynamic into the combat system.

Let me know what you think =)

the3o0
the3o0
2 posts
Herald

Another idea would be different fighting venues. I don't mean just different arenas in different cities or continents, et cetera. I mean like dungeon system. This would give you more of a variety for your choice of battles. Example: You get stuck on a fight in the arena. You could always go train and get better stats, but you're stuck on say the strength minigame, which is the skill you need to improve the most at the moment. You could go into a dungeon, or even something similar like a forest or cave and do one of two things; battle random amounts of monsters there as a training ground, or make it an actual dungeon. That meaning you have a set area to explore, possibly containing more than just monsters and a boss, like traps and treasure rooms, or maybe even something like a puzzle room it you'd like. If you beat a dungeon boss you give the player a reward, maybe even adding a bonus for completely clearing all rooms. This loot could include items for crafting, special items for pets, maybe even potions that permanently increase stats, you could reward countless things for conquering a dungeon.

I think this is another thing that could greatly diversify the combat system, adding multiple avenues of battle in stead of just having arena fights and training in between.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of this game, and I hope the sequel is even better!

jordanchin1
jordanchin1
2 posts
Nomad

Online Multiplayer where you can help other players out

jordanchin1
jordanchin1
2 posts
Nomad

An another idea

Where you can be an mid-evil Knight,Perfect shot Archer, Silent Assassin,or an Axe-Wielding barbarian

devin231
devin231
1 posts
Blacksmith

So first off, great job on the first one!! Such a great game and design.

The biggest piece of advise I can give is, don't get carried away with trying to make a 100% better game! Add things yes, but be sure to keep all of the basic game ideas that made the first one so great!

That being said, I would say the big thing I'd like to see added that doesn't change the basics of the game is customization to your characters fighting ability. Everyone loves to brag about how their design of the fighter is the best, so if you add more spells to the point that the player has to only pick the six he wants to take in the fight with him, it would accomplish this goal. Or bridge the gap of stats to spells, so that maybe some of the spells can crit, making that stat more important for that spell. Or maybe a spells that does damage based on your own health that way a person who likes to be a big beefy tank can design his character around that. Or a stacking spell that's cool down gets reduced based on a stat so players who like the fast type of fighters will design them that way.

My main point is that, I think people like to discover different ways to be good at something, instead of all just having the same things maxed out. This would also give a ton of replay value to the game.

People had been mentioning pets, and i completely agree, as long as different pets are still viable, and everyone doesn't have to just grind for the big over powered dragon.

Also, easter eggs is a big plus in a game, and more types of achievements to be unlocked is cool too

Sorry for the long message, but one last thing. I liked the idol income thing (because it had limits), but I would say don't add any more of this kind of thing because then it just becomes a game you open on Friday, forget about, and then beat on Monday.

Showing 16-30 of 1403