ForumsWEPRCancer of The World

9 5614
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

So with everything in the world causing "Increased Risks of Cancer" I put it to my fellow Armor Games forumnauts.

This is the Normal Rates of Cancer

Its a lovely idea that the great scientists who added up each individual forms of cancer to give the Total Risk but I find that hard to believe. I mean seriously what are the chances of you getting all the forms of cancer or at least one isn't the sum of it. There are way too many factors and I would like to believe the summation of every risk of cancer would mean 30-50% of people having a form of cancer. Might as well enjoy my bacon and burgers if its that high already.

Anyways lets have a bit of fun with this, ignoring the summation lets take an individual risk approach and then go out on the interwebs and find things you do that would increase that risk and post your chances of acquiring it.

this

From CNN.com

The report outlined that simply eating 50 grams of processed meat each day -- the equivalent of two slices of ham -- can increase the risk of such cancer by 18%. However, the authors say the risks are relatively small to begin with

So at 4.84 for colon cancer that is a whopping increase to 5.71. If i did my math right :P

• 9 Replies
Showing 46-45 of 9