The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesMMORPG's likes and deslikes

2 2555
FunandPlay
FunandPlay
1 posts
Nomad

Hello Everyone,

I was just reading a post from back in the day, when MMORPG's were a handful, and made me think, how much has MMORPG's evolved. There are so many I can say I only played a handful of them.

I'm talking mostly of MMORPG's that are either console or PC, because they are bigger in content and features. However, there are so many today, and more are set to launch this year.

When you look at them there are a fair amount of them, however the theme or story behind it be. Some are better are gameplay, others in their graphics, etc.

While not one MMORPG's is perfect, each and every MMORPG, has things we like and dislike.

So my question is this: Of all the MMORPG's that you have played, what are the features that you most like? What are the features you least like?

I'll start:
- I like evolving story lines, stories that link together, and even down the expansion path, links back to the story you started the game with.
- I like when there is challenging group activities, like dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds, etc.
- I like good gameplay dynamics in group dungeons or raids. In other words, when everyone plays a crucial role, and not one player/role/class is more important than the others.
- I like the social interaction with other players, to achieve something as a group, or organize something as a guild. The making of new friends and the experiencing different social interactions.
- I like when the gameplay is balanced, so no keyboard smashing, but not too complex that you need macros, or charts to play the game.
- I like options, some might not PVP or PVE, but like the other; or vice-versa. In other words, you don't have to play every component of the game to enjoy the game, but the game has plenty of options/activities/features everyone can enjoy some part of the game.
- It has a good mixture of solo gameplay and group gameplay, and neither exclusive of the other, or required to enjoy the game.

- I don't like the huge pointless grinds, not to say I don't like quests that require you to do kill X enemies/animals, or gather X items from drops, as long as the enemies are plentiful and the drop rates aren't 1% (e.g.).
- I don't like game lag, when it is continuous, or a systematic problem.
- I don't like graphics that attempt to be over realistic in their characters. I do like high poly characters and high resolution graphics.
- I don't like features that are limiting for no obvious reason, like bag space, or quest logs.

I'm sure I can think of more, and probably could be more specific in others, so feel free to share your thoughts. Also, feel free to give examples from the games you have played.

Thank you,

FunandPlay

• 2 Replies
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

- I don't like game lag, when it is continuous, or a systematic problem.

hold on a second, @Shinezone where are ur servers located at? the location could be the cause of the neverending lag in the king of towers!

TheCapitan3
TheCapitan3
1 posts
Nomad

I like the same things as you when it comes to MMORPG's.
And my favorite of all times, i spend a lot of time playing this https://gocdkeys.com/guild-wars-factions-price/guild-wars-factions-pc-cd-key

Showing 1-2 of 2