ForumsThe TavernHow Stupid Are You?

7 4387
Jtom2k
Jtom2k
43 posts
Nomad

Since a lot of us are loving the quizzes here, I thought I'd share this with you all: http://www.quizrocket.com/stupid-test

This is what they said to me:
I took the Stupid Test and got "You are stupid."!

• 7 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

When I took this test, I got the impression that it was made by a bunch of trolls. Nothing is explained at the end when it says "you are stupid" and then tries to redirect you to a bunch of stupid topics that look like they came right of of the front cover of the National Inquirer. And was does a question like "a lawyer told the judge he was lying, was he telling the truth?" have to do with anything? I'm not God, I have no way of knowing whether or not he was lying based upon some brief utterance on part of the test. Maybe it was in his best interest to claim that he was lying when he really wasn't. Who knows? Oh, but wait! I found this stupid little quiz on the internet so it must be truthful, right? I have no doubt though that I answered the mathematical questions with a black and white answer correctly and that's good enough for me.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

I feel like you're upset because you got the stupid result. Most of these questions are trick questions, so if you spend more than three seconds thinking about them, you'll get them right.
Also, in the question about the lawyer that you seem so hung up on, it doesn't matter that he's a lawyer talking to a judge. The point of the question is that if someone says "I'm lying," are they telling the truth? Because if they're lying about lying, then they're telling the truth. But once they start telling the truth, they're lying because the statement "I'm lying" directly contradicts the truth, which would be, on this side, that they're not lying. It's a paradox my dude that's the whole point of the question.

Maybe I'm not salty because I'm not stupid.
http://i.imgur.com/yAi5cHil.jpg

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Because if they're lying about lying, then they're telling the truth. But once they start telling the truth, they're lying because the statement "I'm lying" directly contradicts the truth, which would be, on this side, that they're not lying. It's a paradox my dude that's the whole point of the question.
That isn't quite correct. A lie is deliberately dishonest; it is not inherently untrue. If the lawyer believes for some reason that he is not lying, his statement that he is lying is a lie. There is no paradox.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well in this case, the trouble lies with understanding the question before one can even answer it. I tend to take most things at face value and prefer not to have to guess around all day as to what the hell the question actually is. I guess that makes me a stupid little dummy chasing a carrot on a stick?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well in this case, the trouble lies with understanding the question before one can even answer it. I tend to take most things at face value and prefer not to have to guess around all day as to what the hell the question actually is. I guess that makes me a stupid little dummy chasing a carrot on a stick?

Well, a stupidity test kinda implies that you have to prove your value When one starts it, one has to be prepared to read the questions thoroughly and be ready for trick questions XD. I assume you weren't (or at least, not as much as the quizz required one to be to get the "not stupid" result), but hey, it's just a quizz

Also not stupid here

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I was also wondering how this test is scored. Do you have to get about 90% or so of the questions right to be considered "not stupid"? Or are you "stupid" if you miss just one question out of the lot?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

It is definitely not just one question...I took it again but this time altering my answer in just one question and got the same result

Showing 1-7 of 7