ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] How do you change username?

9 9979
dave19046
dave19046
6 posts
Farmer

Is there any way you can change it? I can't find it if there is one.

• 9 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Yes, there is, but it's not easy to change a username. Because of this there is a requirement in place.

If you earned 250 Quests (250 for now, due to the increasing overall amount of quests it will be raised sooner or later) you can ask an admin (i would suggest MrDayCee or Gantic) for this honour.

This is done by leaving a post with your request on an admins page (including the new username and, of course, one or two alternatives)... have a little patience, they are often busy, so it may take a while before the magic happens.

Please, don't ask before!

Note: MMO-accounts (so it's only important if you play any of them) most likely won't make the change, aka you have a fresh start at MMO's.

dave19046
dave19046
6 posts
Farmer

K thanks, is there a way I can favorite a thread so I can check it later? Also, all the stuff on MMO's? What happens? I don't understand what you're saying for it. Thanks

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

No, you cant fav threads, there is no AG-feature for this.

About the MMO's, when you log in to a MMO you are logged in automatically with your AG-account data (this includes your AG-nick), the auto log in data is associated with your AG-nick.
If your nick changed you have brand new auto log in data, so the MMO can't recall your old data. For the MMO you are a new player, therefore you start from scratch again.

Denniswerf
Denniswerf
2 posts
Scribe

It's a shame there is a requirment in quantity instead of quality. Despite having an account of 5 years old i can't request a Name Change because I only play a select few games.

Also: why do MOO take my Username? Do they not use my User ID instead? So if my AG nick gets changed, they just dig up the new nick?

Spastic_PVPing
Spastic_PVPing
7 posts
Constable

Hi all! Been working hard with quests and finally reached the 250 quest bracket. I was wondering if I could change my username seeing as it might offend some users unintentionally. Just wanted to know how to change my username to something less emotive. After continuously checking my settings, I still see no change whatsoever. If the username-change-bracket has changed, can someone tell me and if so, what is the new requirement?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You have to ask an admin to change it for you.

BorgPhysics
BorgPhysics
1 posts
Nomad

I just created an account and was experimenting with a user name in an MMO. Now there's no way to change it. I thought, OK, I'll just delete the Armor Games account completely and then recreate it. Then I see a message saying that the account can't be recreated using the AG username which I like or even the email address. Really?

98d5a0bea49c4f738993852c7
98d5a0bea49c4f738993852c7
1 posts
Nomad

I have a username that is created by Armor Games: 98d5a0bea49c4f7389938**** (the last ones blanked out). This is really ridiculous. I cannot even change the name to something that looks like a real person. Everybody thinks I'm a bot or something!

Majiik
Majiik
28 posts
Nomad

@98d5a0bea49c4f738993852c7 You can reach out to support and they can change your username for you. It's because you registered with Facebook but the automatically generated name was already taken. The popup during the registration should have allowed you to change your username as well.

Showing 1-9 of 9