ForumsGamesGemcraft

28 7753
Tokes
Tokes
17 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'm addicted to this game. But does anyone have any good strategies? Is it better to have 2-3 level 6+ gems or 4-5 level 5? Pure gems or dual gems? what colors go best together for dual?

• 28 Replies
XxHellBlazerxX
XxHellBlazerxX
43 posts
Nomad

Oh man the link doesn't work.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

[i]this game is pretty cool i really like it and all the levels are easy if you know what to combine.

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

isnt any one in here who could tell me how it works that some people got so much points??
I got 395 million now.. between 6-15 million in every single part.
So could some1 tell me how ya guys get 2 billion points?
Dude that isnt possible?!

ktwngr
ktwngr
179 posts
Nomad

I combine three colors, since you can only do that many without sacrificing power. It really helps to place your towers strategically. There is more than one way to play this game and win, and you really just need to find something that works and is easy to follow for you.

pitpotput
pitpotput
26 posts
Nomad

i like gemcraft its the best tower game if this site!!

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

This game has challenged me to the point where I've actually revamped my whole strategy more than once. I can get the first 8 levels glowing, but I can't beat the glowing frame hidden level, nor the first epic level. The strategy guide has not been much help, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

On the glowing frame hidden level, no matter how I distribute my towers and water trenches, I never seem able to build up enough mana to defend my stronghold. I've made it about halfway through the waves before I get overrun.

On the epic, I have just figured out how to beat the two back-to-back heavy armor monster waves, but I can't seem to make a dent in the final boss.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to beat these levels?

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

Also, I never seem to have enough mana to cover everything. I have never managed to create two grade 7 gems in the same game. I've made one, but not two, but if I do that, it's because I've never let the monsters get near my stronghold because I only take on a couple of waves at a time.

I love the game, I just can't seem to put it all together in order to beat it.

ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

The grade gem isn't as important as you're making it to be. Try the strat where you combine a grade 5 gem onto several of the same color grade 1 gems. You'll win like pie then.

The reason is it adds a small bonus each time. You'll get a better than grade 7 gem for much less cost.

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

Ybom, it's working, but it's slow going. I'm almost to the point where I can beat the epic.

klckr
klckr
4 posts
Nomad

Best. Game. Ever.
Completed it in one go, it completely sucked me in.

ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

klckr, some of these people still can't beat the first epic. Care to share on some of your strategies?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Awesome game, I can't beat it but I still love it.

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

Really cool game. Yes it's based on a billion others (called TDs perhaps?), but it's really cool. I can't beat it. I can't get the level 2 glowing fame (so good! XD).
I currently try to get 1 pure of each type of gem, and get them to the highest possible.
Here's a question: Does it cost less to get two low quality gems and combine them, or just get the higher quality gem? Does it cost more? Does it cost the same amount? I'm hoping it's the same amount. And does anyone know what the equations are for upgrading a gem with the same color but a lower quality? (lowest + 2nd lowest is still a second lowest, but is a bit better)

Showing 16-28 of 28