ForumsGamesMy Top 10 List of the Best Armor Games Classics

9 13966
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

With new games coming out at a very fast rate, it's easy to overlook games that made AG what it is today. Times before questing was a thing, and the rating system wasn't just a thumbs up and down, the games below were the most iconic and popular games to play. If you haven't played them yet, you really should check it out. Here's my list of the best flash games on Armor Games, you may have forgotten.

10. Hobo
Submitted by SeethingSwarm

http://1079638729.rsc.cdn77.org/androidgame_img/hobo_heaven_fight/real/4_hobo_heaven_fight.jpg

With over 11 million plays, this game was published on July, 2008. You play as a man who has totally lost it and starts an all out street war against anyone and everyone he meets. It's a simple Arcade styled adventure/fighter game which takes you on a journey of understanding how exciting a life as a total rebellious homeless man can be in a fictional world. Pick up anything laying on the streets and level up as you go. This game was big, and it's one of those games that was always featured on the home page for users to see.

9. Hedgehog Launch
Submitted by John

http://freegamingplace.com/wp-content/thumbs/bigfish/H/hedgehog-launch_img3.jpg

A game submitted on Jun, 2008, this game has reached 7 million plays and is one of the games that you could play on your own spare time. An AG classic that dives into a government project to launch a hedgehog into space. The goal was to Launch your hedgehog into space in as little days as possible. Upgrade your way into space, that was the game in short.

8. Infectonator
Submitted by TogeProductions

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NrFeZYzBxB4/hqdefault.jpg

On December of 2009, the first Infectonator game was submitted. This type of upgrade, level by level, kind of game was the stepping stone to many other versions of this game that extends to mobile gaming as well. This game was a classic game that paved the way to what the Infectonator series has become today. The goal of the game is to infect as many as possible in a single map, and strengthen your virus as you go.

7. Gemcraft
Submitted by gameinabottle

https://kongkhron.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/untitled16.jpg

One of the most popular flash tower defense game series ever created started here. Released on Jun, 2008 and now nearing the 17 million plays mark, is Gemcraft. Nowadays, Gemcraft has extended outside of AG and into Steam. This tower defense game goes level by level introducing new ways to use gems as weapons to defend against the enemy.

6. Crush the Castle
Submitted by JoeyBetz

http://flapjacksociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/crush-the-castle.jpg

Another game that has started a popular series which stems to mobile gaming. Played over 26 million times, and released on Late April 2009, this game paved the way for future projectile, level edited based games. Even before the release of Angry Birds, this game was already making it's way to the top of it's genre's class. If it wasn't number one, it was probably somewhere close.

5. Raze
Submitted by JuiceTin

http://www.webdesigndev.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/rage.png

Remember this game? Although the future versions of this game were more graphically stunning and loaded with more features, this is where it started. February, 2010, was the birth of the Raze series. Although this is the first game of the series, it isn't so far behind the games that preceded it. Customize your soldier to wear cooler and cooler gear as you go. Unlock different levels, play two different campaigns, and play 5 different game modes. Shoot away!

4. Sinjid: Shadow of the Warrior
Submitted by Krin

http://cache.hackedfreegames.com/uploads/games/pictures/797/p1IMGC8B78AF1.jpg

What makes a good flash game? Is it story? Is it the gameplay? Or how about the graphics? Sinjid: Shadow of the Warrior released December, 2007, with only 1.7 million plays, Albeit not the first game of its series, one of the best if not the best. Before Sinjid was a 2d Action/Adventure game, it was a turn based RPG. This game now has the power to remind you of what flash games once were, not that they are bad now, but what they once were. It's hard to describe the feeling you get when playing this game after all those years, but you'll know when you feel it. It has a classic kind of flash art, and many game modes accessed through different rooms. If you want a ride on flash game nostalgia road, this is one of the games to play.

3. Warfare 1917
Submitted by ConArtists

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lQ3zmm54N3A/maxresdefault.jpg

Want to know a game that's still relevant today? Warfare 1917. On the public chat rooms, you can still see some users talking about Warfare 1917. Two sides, two campaigns. The British and the Germans. Send units to conquer each side. Play skirmishes. Upgrade your units. That was Warfare 1917. Truly an AG classic that lead to the release of Warfare 1942.

2. The Last Stand
Submitted by ConArtists

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tlaststand/images/9/94/The_last_stand_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101004204727

Published on November 2007, 10 million plays, Ask anyone on Armor Games, they will know this game. Ask someone you know has played a few flash games in the past, they will know this game. If they hadn't played it, they probably played the games that preceded it or they probably saw it featured on a flash website's featured games section. This game is another on this list that lead to the creation of a series of successful games. One game that preceded this was The Last Stand: Dead Zone, which is now one of the most popular MMOs on Armor Games. Defend against hordes of zombies as days go by. Search for survivors to aid you in your escape, and weapons to go farther and farther on your journey.

1. Sonny
Submitted by Krin

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2224/2151561238_923e2f4eaf_o.png

Released on December, 2007, was the birth of one of the most, if not the most, iconic game that says "Classic AG game" written all over it. This game, and it's sequel, still has its fans waiting for the third game. It was a game that took you on a journey with the main protagonist, Sonny. This turn based story adventure left you addicted with finding and obtaining the best gear, leveling up, gaining new abilities, and obsessively searching for the release date of the third game. So why is this number one on my list? Because even now, I can't find games that can rival the story, the voice acting, the turn based gameplay, and the artistry of this game. Truly an AG classic.

Thanks for reading my list of my favorite classic flash games on Armor Games, if you like this list, leave a reply! If you don't, what made games did you think should be on the list? What did I miss?

The games and the order of games on this list is mostly based on general knowledge, experience, and opinion. If you feel like I've missed anything on this list, please post below. If you think I've made a mistake with some facts, you may go ahead and let me know as well. Thanks for reading my list of the best AG classics you may have forgotten.

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's a mighty good list, but I feel that Exit Path deserves a spot on the list!

It was released in May of 2010 and has over 16 millions plays! It's the game that made myself and a ton of other users actually join the website, and we also established our own little community within the flash games forum once upon a time.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Finally someone gave a shoutout to Sonny. Best Flash game ever (specifically Sonny 2)!

Remember that time when AG had a whole subcategory just for Sonny and Sonny 2? Those were the days

Other than that, nice list, though, as is the case with Sonny, I prefer Last Stand 2 over the first (both being great however). Warfare is also amazing and of course, the one and only Raze I've spent countless hours in the Power Plant stage just listening to the awesome music (Bot Acid Foundry - Master of Death for anyone interested) and whacking opponents with the rocket launcher xD

That's a mighty good list, but I feel that Exit Path deserves a spot on the list!

I have to agree here, Exit Path was great as well! Other than that, this list contains most of the games I would gladly play again.

Also, I assume populars like Kingdom Rush and Cursed Treasure didn't make it because they are not yet considered AG classics? Too bad, because it's been a while since they came out.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Nice list, but I would also throw in classics like Fancy Pants and Mastermind haha.

It's very extraordinary to see how Flash games have developed over the years. Comparing CoolArtists work on Warfare and his current games and you'll be blown away.

Fleety1
Fleety1
1 posts
Nomad

I like your top 10 !

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Cool post. :3

Fun Fact, a new Sonny is very much on the way.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Fun Fact, a new Sonny is very much on the way.

Well, I for one have been waiting for this too long to let any news about slip my attention

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

Nice list @SirLegendary and they are your pesonal choice. There is a good mix of genres and a fair balance of some very good games. I personally would have added a point and click like the cube escapes, but that is me. but you cant please eveyone Anyone else have a fave 10?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, personally, my list of top 10 games would be (in no particular order...except Sonny 2! That's first on the list and all time favorite ):

Sonny 2
The Last Stand 2
Witch Hunt
Raze
Rogue Soul
Cursed Treasure 2 (both are great)
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers (again, both are great )
Colony
(and now that we are done with the populars, let's go to the relatively unknown ones
Warlords: Call to Arms (I know this is probably surprising but I couldn't resist its charm!)
The Several Journeys of Reemus (cannot pick a single game. All 5 are great, I have finished all of them at least 5 times)

skulltrap79
skulltrap79
1 posts
Nomad

these games are really fun

Showing 1-9 of 9