The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Article/Community Feedback] Your Favourite Armor Games title?

4 1880
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Hey folks! Dora here. I've been around the interwebs for many a moon, but you may have seen a few articles pop up that I've written recently on the main page. I'm looking to do an article about all of you now... specifically, the game you love the most here on Armor Games! Your response (and name with full credit, naturally) may be used in the article I'm writing. So what'll it be? Crazy for Castaway? Swooning for Sushi Cat? Puns for insert game here? I want to know about the games you love, and why!

• 4 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

@DoraDoraBoBora Hey there!

I really love the Sonny series. I know it's old, but what can you do? It's a classic. I love it's art and story. It's one of those games I was addicted to because of all the equipment you could attain. The equipment was amazing because every enemy you saw had cooler and cooler weapons/armor. You would want them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the game had amazing art. The story is also breathtaking. I can't help but wonder if why Sonny 3 isn't out yet.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

First, hello there and welcome @DoraDoraBoBora

Being an old (ancient) player, from the time when Amiga and Commodore ruled followed by golden era of PC games got me into situation as I was getting older to search for online tiny pieces of art due to less free time, obligations and everything else that accompanies life! Then I found Armor Games, a place with so many game pearls, good enough to occupy my attention. What I was mostly looking for are games from Tower Defence game genre, as genre that has been expanding. Certainly I did not missed popular games from other genres such as Sonny or Burrito Bison, but I was most impressed with Kingdom rush and GemCraft.

Kingdom rush had everything to become an instant classic, good atmosphere, addicting gameplay, simple but catchy art , corresponding music, SFX/voice acting filled with references from pop culture, etc. With so many qualities, that was inevitable, Kingdom Rush has become one of the best flash games ever with millions of plays and still growing. Now, what has left the biggest impression on me is an ideal combination of game difficulty and entertainment mixed with some great references from all domains of pop culture, and when you add great replay value, we have a winner!

GemCraft on other hand is more complex TD game, with interesting mechanic and incredible replay value. Combining gems for ultimate tower , setup in Gothic like playfield, offering challenging mods and neverending progress made this game a ultimate strategic TD available so far! However, I would not like to separate this two , or to compare them, they are both great games in their own way. I would also be dishonest not to mention Cursed treasure, Incursion , Royal Squad , Royal Warfare as equally great and enjoyable games!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Like ivan said, welcome @DoraDoraBoBora (the name strikes out, I have to say xD )

Now, when it comes to favorite games, for me there is no competition. Sonny 2, hands down I can't believe I am still playing this thing. For me, it was the awesome turn based combat system and the various abilities you could attain. I really needed nothing else to love this game. Elements, various play styles, this game had it all. Even voice acting, which was a pretty big deal for a flash game back then. And of course, some of the coolest bosses I have fought in a game.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Hi folks! Sorry for the late reply. Work work work, you know how it is!

These are excellent responses! Thank you so much for your time! The Sonny series is one I continually trot out to show people who don't really "get" how amazing and in depth browser games can be... I think a lot of people only have experience with simple Facebook style games these days until you show them otherwise, so it's always cool to show someone something and get that, "This game is FREE?" reaction. GemCraft is also the series that won me over to the tower defense genre as a whole... it was just so creative and strategic and engrossing, I can still play it for hours, and I know I'm not alone in that.

If anyone else has something to add, I'd love to include y'all in the article too!

Showing 1-4 of 4