ForumsForum GamesCONTEST: Write Haikus, Win Steam Keys!

42 20851
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

[7/25/2016: CLOSED! CHECK THE FINAL COMMENTS FOR THE WINNERS!]

Do you ever feel like you have a passion that just can't be contained? I mean... not just for games, although those are great too, obviously... but for the elegant art of haiku? Well then, my child, this is the contest for you!

I have Steam Keys for Super Chibi Knight, and GemCraft: Chasing Shadows, and I want to put one of each into your hot, talented little hands! I'll be giving away one Steam key for each game to three lucky people, and to win, all you have to do is write me a haiku about your favourite game here at Armor Games! Winners will be chosen randomly, so don't be shy about entering, and we WILL be having more contests coming soon to give you more chances to win! The winners will be selected on Monday, which should give everyone plenty of time to brainstorm how best to express their deep, philosophical love of their favourite browser game in tear-jerking prose. Good luck!

• 42 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Great job everyone!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If you can have more than one entry and it's randomly chosen, doesn't that mean multiple entries increases your chance of being selected? If 1 person entered 1, and another entered 7 times, and you randomly pick from 1-8, isn't that still 1/8 to 7/8?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If that's fine, I'll probably grind out a few dozen for the next one.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

In hindsight, yes, I could have restricted to more than the one or two I suggested people limit it to when it was asked about earlier in the thread. Next time we'll just have to use a different system so it won't be an issue in the future! Trial by angry guinea pig sounds good.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Make a list of the unique names of entrants and use that number as your sample size to ensure 1 each. Also, since quality isn't a consideration, I could literally put "blah" in the proper syllable counts, and you'd have to accept it.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Feedback I'll take into consideration for the future. I'm sure the people who put thought into the contest like all our entrants will appreciate it. Thanks!

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

I won! Yay!

Great work everybody I hope there will be more.

Amonimus
Amonimus
17 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, surprising, thanks for keys!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Congratulations to all the winners!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Congratulations to all the winners...

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

Congrats Guys. Yup I'm still here, and this thread piqued my interest. Also thanks for the entrants who have my Armatars, it's quite weird and much appreciated.

Ok is it 5,7,5 ?
It is a good day
Haiku for a steam key now
play to win forever.

Showing 31-41 of 42