ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? S3 | Is Over!

119 54921
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. Sign-ups will be open from September 1st to September 7th. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

In Season 3, things will be the same but different! Are you ready to Gantic?

ROSTER
all MattEmAngel
12 jimmycarlos
∞ akshobhya
1 ScrewTheLag
20 Doombreed
log(12!) FishPreffered
30 Patrick2011
-1000000000 Swarmlord2
35 cobbcannon3423
_____
[Season 1] | [Season 2]

• 119 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ROUND 2
ROUND 2 is a "How Gantic Are You?" round. It's so meta that this entire season might be built on meta. Isn't that prospect exciting? (10 Gantic Points)

You may reference Season 1 and Season 2 to help you complete this round.

Score each of the eight remaining Gantestants performances in the previous round, including yourself. It is up to you to decipher the judgments and comments in my previous post to produce an actual "How Gantic Are You?" score. You will lose one point per point that your score disagrees with mine for each score. Your score for the standings will be based on the point difference between your score and the lowest scorer.

10 Bonus Points will be awarded for posting your standings within one day of when this was posted.
25 Bonus Points will be awarded for an actual point breakdown.
25 Bonus Points will be awarded for following the proper format.

A maximum of 60 Bonus Points can be earned this round. The Gantestant that scores the lowest in this round will be eliminated.

You have one week to submit your responses. You may not change your responses after you have submitted them.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I don't know. I just don't really like the color red, but if that really is the ROUND 1 score, then this round is an easy >=60 points.

On the other hand, if that's not really the score, then no one really has 0, so... it's one or the other.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Wait WHAT!?

Ok...ok, I am not going to point out the whole irrationality in this round because I get it, it's so meta it is supposed to make my head ache, BUT:

00000 cobbcannon3423
00000 Patrick2011
ELIMINATED
-00001 ScrewTheLag

You don't mention Patrick's answers anywhere and with a checkup, he has not answered at all from what I've seen. Where are his answers? If he didn't answer any question how come he is not eliminated like Screw? o.O

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Is the bonus round over? I ask because that was probably meant to be used in The Forumnauts and the ____ and ____, possibly as a disguise for another object. That, or something you haven't begun yet.

ROUND 2 is a "How Gantic Are You?" round. It's so meta that this entire season might be built on meta. Isn't that prospect exciting?
Seeing as meta is not a noun, but equivalent in every way to the word "next", I am not particularly excited by that revelation. In other words, yes.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

SCORING
@Doombreed +10 +0 +0 +10 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +60
Yellow is the favorite color food topping because Mustard beats the rest. Favorite Color in everything is Blue according to what you replied to Swarm and Matt for their first questions.Bonus points for answering 5 questions. +20 for not thinking it is stupid, as well as rolling with it regardless of irregularity or stupidity. +10 for not being passive aggressive either.
@cobbcannon3423 +0 +0 +10 + 0 + 10 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +60
^ is basically a power, so multiplication is a correct answer, sort of. You answered 5 questions, did not think the round is stupid, rolled with it and were not passive aggressive about it.
@Swarmlord2 +0 +0 +10 +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0= +50
ex could imply e^x, for exponential increase. Always increase! You did not answer before Gantic gave a hint though
@MattEmAngel +0 +0 +10 +10 +0 +10 +0 +10 +0 +0 = +40
Blue is not a blood type either. Bonus points for answering 5 questions and rolling with the round regardless. You were passive aggressive about it and you do think it was stupid. Also you did not answer any question before Gantic posted the first hint.
@FishPreferred +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +50
Better to wait for others. Gantic is not into Philosophy though. The last answer does not match Gantic's preference.
@jimmycarlos +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +50
Mustard is truly the best. The rest are not real preferences, while Gantic's favorite color is blue apparently.
@akshobhya +0 +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +40
I get the feeling Gantic mentioned a preference for Vanilla once. You did not answer 5 questions though.

FishPreferred +10 Gantic Points for correcting MattEmAngel

STANDINGS
00060 cobbcannon3423
00060 Doombreed
00060 FishPreferred
00050 jimmycarlos
00050 Swarmlord2
00040 akshobhya
00040 MattEmAngel

-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011

ScrewTheLag and Patrick2011 are eliminated for non-participation.

Stay tuned for round 3!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS ROUND! What was the a random lump of charcoal supposed to be used for?

A paperweight, unless if intending to burn it.

Disclaimer: Please excuse any and all @ summons, I tried to stick to Season 2's Round 2 format as much as possible. Apologies. At any rate, Fish, nowhere does it say that the Bonus Round cannot be completed after Round 2. I've answered it now.
Obviously everything has been rated according to my view of @Gantic and everything above is subjective.

My reply for Round 2: Everything above the "-------..."

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

SCORING
@Doombreed +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 = +50
All 5 bonuses earned.

@cobbcannon3423 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +40
All 5 bonuses earned, answered after the "hint".

@Swarmlord2 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 = +50
All 5 bonuses earned.

@MattEmAngel +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 = +50
All 5 bonuses earned.

@FishPreferred +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 = +50
All 5 bonuses earned.

@jimmycarlos +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +10 = +40
Did not ask 5 preference questions.

@akshobhya +0 +0 +10 +10 +10 +0 = +30
Did not ask 5 questions, answered after the hint.

As per the original post, 10 Gantic Points for each preference that matched Gantic's. As the original post mentioned there were 100 points available - 50 Bonus Points must be split equally among the bonus points criteria:

1) Answering 5 Preference Questions
2) Not saying this round was stupid.
3) Rolling with it.
4) Not being Passive Aggressive
5) Answering before the "hint"

STANDINGS
00050 MattEmAngel
00050 Doombreed
00050 FishPreferred
00050 Swarmlord2
00050 Patrick2011
00040 cobbcannon3423
00040 jimmycarlos
00030 akshobhya

ELIMINATED
-00001 ScrewTheLag

Wait, WHAT?

Yep. You know what that means.

Round 2 will start soon with an opportunity to actually put yourself on the scoreboard with something to show for your efforts.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I can't do this with a few hours left, on my tablet, with an unreliable connection, at half past midnight. I will wait until Monday.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

The Gantestant(s) who score(s) 0 will be eliminated.

I checked. As you can see this means both Patrick and Screw must be eliminated since they both scored 0 this round. Unless if we give each 10 points for not thinking this round is stupid and another 10 for not being passive aggressive about it. But these are supposed to be bonus points. I don't even know anymore...

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Except that the third bonus requires it to be stupid and neither can be guaged unless the Gantestant explicitly states as much.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Except that the third bonus requires it to be stupid and neither can be guaged unless the Gantestant explicitly states as much.

You mean the second bonus. Third means rolling with it regardless, which we all did. Well, I judged that based on complaining, so fourth and second bonus were connected. It may not be the case, it was just the best I could do.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

You mean the second bonus. Third means rolling with it regardless, which we all did. Well, I judged that based on complaining, so fourth and second bonus were connected. It may not be the case, it was just the best I could do.
No, I mean the second requires that it isn't stupid, while the third requires that it is. Both are worded so as to apply regardless of what any of us think.

PART THE FIRST:

SCORING
Doombreed +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +20 = +30
cobbcannon3423 +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +20 = +30
Swarmlord2 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +20 = +20
MattEmAngel +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
FishPreferred +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +20 = +20
jimmycarlos +10 +0 +0 +0 +0 +10 = +20
akshobhya +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +10 = +10

+10 bonus points for actually answering five questions about preferences.
+10 bonus points for participating without resorting to malicious compliance.

ScrewTheLag and Patrick2011: As the only Gantestants to not post at all, you have both been eliminated for non-participation. You wagered 1 Gantic Point and 30 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. Unfortunately, you could not show up to prove it. Your final scores are -1 and -30.

STANDINGS
00030 Doombreed
00030 cobbcannon3423
00020 Swarmlord2
00020 FishPreferred
00020 jimmycarlos
00010 akshobhya
00000 MattEmAngel

ELIMINATED
-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011

Also because there was no specified limit to the number of submissions per response, and because the veracity of the given scores was left intentionally ambiguous PART THE SECOND:

SCORING
Doombreed +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
cobbcannon3423 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
Swarmlord2 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
MattEmAngel +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
FishPreferred +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
jimmycarlos +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
akshobhya +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0

ScrewTheLag and Patrick2011: As the only Gantestants to not post at all, you have both been eliminated for non-participation. You wagered 1 Gantic Point and 30 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. Unfortunately, you could not show up to prove it. Your final scores are -1 and -30.

STANDINGS
00000 MattEmAngel
00000 jimmycarlos
00000 akshobhya
00000 Doombreed
00000 FishPreferred
00000 Swarmlord2
00000 cobbcannon3423

ELIMINATED
-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

YOUR ACTUAL ANSWERS:

Doombreed

Or? OR? Yeah, Mustard Yellow, but OR? Weak. Correct in reasoning so +10
No they are not. Yellow. Wrong
No. Orange-ish. Wrong
Nope. Orange-yellow. Wrong
Orange. Wrong

cobbcannon4324

Sure, I guess. Correct +10
Playstation. I prefer X. It's the action button. Wrong
ò_ó ó_ò Wrong?
cat. Sushi Cat. Wrong
^ Wrong

Swarmlord2

Blue! Any shade, really. Wrong
^ Always Up. Always North. Always Increase. Wrong
Silly question. I'm an Eighter that's still here. The answer is obviously eo. Wrong
35 Wrong
^ Wrong

MattEmAngel

Blue and white is so much better than red and yellow. Do I want a Razkitar Auralith that looks like a fast food mascot? It's not even flammeous, and if it was, I would still rather blue and white. Wrong
Ice, or Metal, or Aether, but not Quintessence. That's stupid. Air is Aether, sort of. +10
Catfish! Wrong. Still... Cat was declared as an answer elsewhere (for sushi cat) +10
C. When in doubt, chose C, because that's not a blood type. Wrong
That's not a preference. N/A

FishPreferred

Let's see where this goes. For this, nothing is anything that Fish said so no points
The other way around.
Mr. Rogers
El-Ahrairah
No

jimmycarlos

Mustard > all Points for mustard +10
Orange or Teal or Purple Wrong

akshobhya

Not red. Wrong
Coca-Cola. Cherry Coke all the way. Wrong
Compass North. Wrong
Did not answer. N/A
Did not answer. N/A

BONUS POINTS

Did you answer 5 preference questions? You better have.
Was this round just really stupid? No, duh.
But did you roll with it anyway because it was stupid and if you did well enough to pass, then great, but if you didn't, it was justifiably stupid? Heck, yeah!
Were you passive aggressive because of how stupid this was? nO...
Did you actually answer before I posted a "hint" that doesn't really matter because no one would have gotten the answers anyway and this was actually a super Ganticness round that measures actual Ganticness, but if they did, then they would be miles ahead of the competition all to avoid answers that are answering to the question instead of the situation which was basically what I Want to See Your Mental Poop was about but unfortunately this gambit would only work once? Haha, yeah right.
@ScrewTheLag: As the only Gantestant to not post at all, you have both been eliminated for non-participation. You wagered 1 Gantic Point that you were the most Gantic. Unfortunately, you could not show up to prove it. Your final score is -1.

STANDINGS If the hint is Gantic's post, second on page 3, then nobody answered before it.
20 + 10 (Bonus 2) = 30 MattEmAngel
10 + 30 (Bonuses 2, 3 and 4) = 40 jimmycarlos
0 + 30 (Bonuses 2, 3 and 4) = 30 akshobhya
10 + 40 (Bonuses 1, 2, 3 and 4) = 50 Doombreed
0 + 40 (Bonuses 1, 2, 3 and 4) = 40 FishPreferred
0 + 40 (Bonuses 1, 2, 3 and 4) = 40 Swarmlord2
10 + 40 (Bonuses 1, 2, 3 and 4) = 50 cobbcannon3423

ELIMINATED
-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011

Wait, WHAT?

Yep. You know what that means.

Round 2 will start soon with an opportunity to actually put yourself on the scoreboard with something to show for your efforts.

To quote Gantic's comment on a random lump of coal (not charcoal), It's probably useless, but it seems like a good stocking stuffer for a regifter. Yay!

All things in bold are my (Swarmlord2's) comments

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@Swarmlord2
Air isn't aether. Aether is the non-stupid variation of quintessence.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Aether - the clear sky; the upper regions of air beyond the clouds.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I forgot about the question about whether or not the prospect is exciting. As it is related to 'How Gantic Are You?', I say yes, it is exciting.

Showing 61-75 of 119