ForumsQuests[Operation]: Star value!

37 17718
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Objective - We should be looking for exact star value of each quest ! It's not silly, as I find it exciting in terms of community effort , which is not to be underestimated! It could be fun also! XD

Process to Help - It is simple, play games , enjoy , and take a note of star value for each quest individually! Don't assume anything please! Also , don't beat 2 or more quests and then try to parse their value! Currently the only possible way to see star value change is on the forums!

Important NOTE: If you see filled data for some quests , post yours in any case ! Why is this important? If the results are the same , we can only add confirmation , but what if they are not ?!? That leaves many questions open!

A
- A Ghostly Journey
- (∑ 245) Arc of Templar (ok)
- Awesome Seaquest
B
- Battalion Commander
- Battalion Commander 2
- Bear in Super Action Adventure
- Bit Battles
- Bloons TD 5
- Bubble Tanks 3
- Bubble Tanks Tower Defense
- Building Rush
- (∑ 170) Building Rush 2 (ok)
- Bullet Heaven 2
- Burrito Bison Revenge
C
- Cactus McCoy 2
- Caribbean Admiral
- Caribbean Admiral 2
- Castaway 2
- Catapult Madness
- Chibi Knight
- Chuck The Sheep
- City Siege 3: Jungle Siege FUBAR Pack
- Clicker Heroes
- Coinbox Hero
- Colony Defenders TD2
*10 stars (easy) Blood on the Field
*10 stars (easy) Impatient
*(easy) Rookie Drill
*(medium) Total Tower Upgrade
*(medium) Deadly Strike
*(hard) Annihilation
*(insane) Immaculate Victory
*(hard) Maximum Drill

- (∑ 170) Command & Control: Spec Ops (ok)
- Crusaders of the Lost Idols
- Crush the Castle Adventures
- Crystal Story II
- Cursed Treasure 2
D
- Dangerous Adventure
- Dawn of the Dragons
- Dead Zed 2
- Decision 2
- (∑ 245) Decision 3 (ok)
- Decision: Medieval
- Deeper Sleep
- Demons Down Under
- Demons vs Fairyland
- (∑ 170) Deterministic Dungeon (ok)
- Diggy
- (∑ 170) Don't Escape 2 (ok)
- (∑ 210) Don't Escape 3 (ok)
E
- Earn to Die 2: Exodus
- Egg Knight
- Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- Epic Boss Fighter
- Epic Boss Fighter
- Epic Combo Redux
*(easy) Combonator: I Barely Knew Her!
*50 stars (hard) One Hundred Freaking Million
*25 stars (medium) 100 Turtle Rush
*(easy) Twenty For One
*(medium) One MILLION Doll-... I mean Combos.

- Escape To Hell
F
- Fire Catcher
- Frozen Islands
G
- GemCraft 2: Chasing Shadows
- GemCraft Labyrinth
- Give Up
- Give Up 2
H
- Hands Of War 3
- Help the Hero!
- (∑ 145) Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures (ok)
- (∑ 85) hitBox (ok)
- House of Wolves
I
- Incursion 2: The Artifact
- Infectonator 2
- Infinity Inc.
- Insectonator: Zombie Mode
- Into Space 2
- Invert Selection
J
- Jacksmith
K
- (∑ 180) Keeper of the Grove 2 (ok)
- Kingdom Rush
- Kingdom Rush Frontiers
- Knighttron
- K.O.L.M.
L
- Labyrinth: Secrets of ShadowHaven
- L.I.F.E.
- (∑ 35) Logical Element (ok)
M
- Mighty Knight
- Monster Bark
- Monsters Den Chronicles
- Multishop Tycoon
O
- OFFS3T
P
- Papa's Freezeria
Q
- Quantum of Light
R
- Ragdoll Achievement 2
- (∑ 170) Raiders took my dog (ok)
- Railbot
- Raze 3
- Rise of Champions
- Road of Fury
- Road of Fury 2
- Road of the Dead 2
- Robots Initiate Work Sequence
- (∑ 580) Rogue Soul 2 (ok)
- (∑ 355) Royal Squad (ok)
- Royal Warfare
- Rumble In The Soup
- Ruthless Pandas
S
- Sacred Treasure
- Sentry Knight
- Sentry Knight 2
- Sentry Knight: Conquest
- Sequester
- ShellShock Live 2
- Sinjid
- Sky Quest
- Strike Force Heroes 2
- (∑ 335) Strike Force Heroes 3 (ok)
- StrikeForce Kitty 2
- StrikeForce Kitty Last Stand
- StrikeForce Kitty League
- Sum Links
- Sum Points
- Sum Tracks
- Sushi Cat 2: The Great Purrade
- Sushi Cat-a-pult
- (∑ 170) Sword & Spoon (ok)
- (∑ 215) Swords and Souls (ok)
T
- (∑ 270) Tequila Zombies 3 (ok)
- The Deepest Sleep
- The Enchanted Cave 2
- The Gatekeeper
- The Gun Game 2
- The King of Towers
- The King's League: Odyssey
- The Last Stand: Dead Zone

- The Weapon Masters Quests have been Deactivated.

- This Is The Only Level 3
- This Is The Only Level 4
- Tinysasters 2
- Tower of Doom
- Treadmillasaurus Rex
U
- Upgrade Complete 2
W
- Warlords: Epic Conflict
- (∑ 35) What's inside the box? (ok)
- (∑ 355) Witch Hunt (ok)
Z
- Zombie And Juliet
- Zombotron 2
- Zombotron 2: Time Machine

I know that list is not complete ,will be adding more data here as times goes on!
Just name the game , quest , difficulty , and star value ! Please use the exact name, thank you !

• 37 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I meant more comparatively with others. No other quester comes this close without a ton of Merits o boost them. Maybe statistically you are closer to the figure we would expect than anyone else, but, what's the saying? Oh yes:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61631223.jpg

So, when everyone has a lower star count than they should, no one has. So, by that logic always, you have a higher star count than anticipated xD

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Thanks for the intelligent chat, Doom. It's been a good exploration.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_scale,h_768,w_1024/t_mp_quality/who-will-be-the-villain-of-the-incredibles-2-b703284a-edd6-448d-8fba-02338e1b5342-jpeg-236308.jpg

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@jimmycarlos or @OperationStarValue ( ), can you try earning some more quests with OperationStar Value(preferably by starting some easy games from scratch)? it could be that the quest for what's inside the box's value may be counted as soon as you earn some more quests. My suggestion is to try both earning some quests again by playing the games AND importing a few save files to test this fully But it's your call.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Thank you all for helping , if you can provide me with info about star value it would be great! I am going to create a test account to help as much as I can!

thelostrodent
thelostrodent
3 posts
Nomad

Ok, I've just tested Don't Escape 2 and hitbox, like before:

thelostrodent played from scratch.
OperationStarValue used a previous save.

Both received the expected amount of stars and now have 350. The "What's inside the box" quest did eventually update. I'll go test some more.

Ivan7x_test_acc
Ivan7x_test_acc
1 posts
Nomad

Hello , this is my test account, main account ivanxxxxxxx , will be joining in testing , and posting this just to check star progress , since there is not any other way!

Every other post will be from my main , and I recommend other testers the same, since posting from alt accounts is not by the rules!

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Ok, just finished doing the first batch of tests.

Same method as before - so now both alts have Armor Games Website Quests, What's inside the box, hitbox, Don't Escape 2, Don't Escape 3 and Logical Element.

That's 12 Easy, 7 Medium, 6 Hard, 0 Insane, 0 Merits. If the calculations are correct - it should be 595 stars.

Both alts currently have 595 Stars. The test is a success.

EDIT: You know, I actually thought this wouldn't have happened. Logical Element has an easy for beating Level 12 and a medium for beating Level 30. OperationStarValue got these in the wrong order - but was still awarded the stars.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Ok , let's summarize things a bit:

We have a theory that an easy quest is equal to 10 stars , medium 25 , hard 50 and insane 200 ! It is most likely to be correct! But we are aperently missing something , since when we use this formula the end results are not valid!

My best guess was that not all quests in general worth as formula suggested. Instead I think that some hard quests worth less or more than 50 , some 75 or 100 , some maybe 25-30-35! Same rule applies on other quest difficulties! This is something that could be checked and we are basically doing it right now!

By doing this check up , we had another theory , that order of quests received influence the star value or it's score! After a series of checking we found out this not to be true! So back to theory 1.

What I also have in mind are site specific quests ! Like:

-Birthday Time /Celebrate the Armor Games birthday by playing one of our games. Also, eat cake!/
-Talk Like a Pirate Day /Play a pirate game on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrr!!/
-Halloween /Play a Scary of Halloween game on Halloween. Trick or treat!/

+ we have a 3-day play quests (Kingdom rush for example)

-Copper Dime /Get 100,000 coins using the AFD Coinerator on April 1st, 2014./
-Silver Quarter /Get 1,000,000 coins using the AFD Coinerator on April 1st, 2014./
-Gold Doubloon /Get 5,000,000 coins using the AFD Coinerator on April 1st, 2014./
-Magic Diamond /You've earned a magic diamond!/

-Happy Sushi Cat /Visit Sushi Cat: StoryCraft on April 1st, 2015. April Fools!/
-Happy Vegetable /Feed Sushi Cat on Sushi Cat: StoryCraft enough to go to "Diet Mode" on April 1st, 2015. April Fools!/

Perhaps those quests does not provide any star at all ! Or no matter the difficulty , perhaps they provide only 5-10 star each !

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Ok, major finding here.

Context: Coinerator was a pseudo-game released only on April 1st 2014. It originally had an Easy (Copper Dime), a Medium (Silver Quarter) a Hard (Gold Doubloon) and another Hard (Magic Diamond). - (135 stars)

However, on May 4th 2016, the Medium was upgraded to a hard, and the hards upgraded to Insane. The easy didn't change. (The total from Coinerator is now 460 stars).

I did some research on the Magic Diamond Quest and come to the conclusion it's a Troll Quest - it was never meant to be obtainable. The proof for this is that it is from April Fools, and only 2 people have it - EvilKittyCat666 being one of them. I am pretty sure that EvilKittyCat666 is a joke account, as the account was made the day before April Fool's and only has 3 cat quests earned. (2 Mediums and an Easy - 60 stars)

As I wrote this, I realised something. I looked for posts by EvilKittyCat666 to find her Star Count. I found a post by the kitty, showing her Star Count is 195.

But that doesn't make sense - he/she has 2 easys, 2 mediums, 1 hard, 2 insanes - that should be 520 stars.

However, if my original hypothesis of the stars earned is dependent on the difficulty of the quest when you earned it - not the current difficulty, then the kitty would have 2 Easys, 3 mediums, 2 hards, 0 insanes - for a total of... 195 stars.

QED.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

So basically , if you have achieved some quest in time when it was marked hard for example, you would get 50 stars, if in meantime quest difficulty gets changed to an insane for example , you would not recive 150 stars extra ! This is a serious problem !

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This would also make sense in that we cannot seem to find a quest that does not give more or less stars than it should right now

It is a very likely possibility...

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

We can't check this on our own , we will be needing help of administrator for this and confirmation! @boppins @Tasselfoot

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

As weird as this may sound... I have no idea about the workings of the quest to star value / stuff. Too busy trying to come up with quests Boppins may be able to help from the database side of things, but I do believe @MrDayCee or @Gantic did the heavy lifting on the star point system; so I'd start with them.

Love the sleuthing, though!

OperationStarValue
OperationStarValue
3 posts
Jester

I'm going through the quests now, seeing if there are any quests with the wrong value.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

There are definitely many quests with the wrong value. The Insane ones mostly. You can see that in the game threads, most insane quests were initially hard in difficulty (like the Rogue Soul 2 quests - specifically the last 2).

Also, take a look at this which was updated on October 13th 2015 for example. The Guide quest was medium in difficulty and the blessing was hard. Now they are both insane. That assumption also partially explains your star count @jimmycarlos . Considering that you earned most of your quests far later than everyone else (December 20th 2015 and onward, compared to the active questers who started in 2013 as soon as Quests were implemented) It could mean that by that time, most quests were already updated in difficulty. Not absolutely sure though since you earned many quests then. The star stat was not a thing before the new interface and the implementation of the 'Insane' difficulty may have coincided with it when it first launched...

Showing 16-30 of 37