ForumsSupport ForumChat bugs

1 2913
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I wasn't too sure where to put this but I am adding it here so that any other user can add what they find.

- There is one particular bug that I noticed only after I became a warden . Namely, I need to refresh or leave the chat room and re-enter every time I want to see a new message. This is happening way too often, ctrl + F5 and any other known method for fixing chat bugs does not fix this, nor is popping the chat out in a tab. Regular users have also come across this

- messages in private chats don't come in sometimes. In the worst cases, this can go on until a user hard refreshes and performs the known chat fix
- Other times, messages do come in but without notifying. Also usually fixed with a hard refresh but only temporarily. This affects private chats and the chat room as well
- There is another one which seems to be closely tied to disqus. Causes various of the aforementioned chat bugs along with forcing the user out of the chat room they are in every time they refresh. Also causes comments not to display at all, anywhere on the site and hovering the mouse over quests does not show their description when this happens usually. This is fixed by the known hard refresh fix and usually doesn't pop up for a while after that, but other times, the period of grace may not be so short

I haven't seen anyone create a master list of the chat bugs so I did it. Feel free to add any other bug you've found here.

Users in the chats talk all the time about how bugged the feature is at times but I've seen nothing in the forums.

tagging @boppins to see if he has something on those and/or inform him Save us mr. Unicorn!

• 1 Reply
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

**Update** The first glitch noted (the one with chat rooms not showing messages properly) is tied to the number of chat rooms one has open in various different browser tabs. When I keep as many as 2 chat rooms open, it's ok. Messages come in smoothly even at times of high chatroom activity. When I open more than 4 - 5, That's when it starts breaking down @boppins

Showing 1-1 of 1