ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Commercial won't go awy

13 3637
pocky76
pocky76
3 posts
Jester

Hello, For the last two days regardless of which game I try to play the Dixie Ultra plate commercial starts. at the end, the commercial freezes and blocks any game from starting. I can hear the swords clinging against each other from the armor games intro but the Dixie Ultra commercial blocks the screen and prevents me from clicking on anything.

• 13 Replies
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Thanks pocky76. We became aware of this on the weekend and are working on finding which ad provider has this ad so we can get it removed.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @pocky76,

Which game (or games) were you playing when you saw this ad? I'm trying to track it down.

-RP

pocky76
pocky76
3 posts
Jester

ok today the dixie commercial only popped up on the first game I tried to open which was Arcalona. Before it appeared on Midus gold plus, stick figure badminton and arcalona. I gave up trying games after that. Today things are working great after I refreshed from the first dixie plate lock up.

geluf
geluf
4 posts
Peasant

Dixie ad popping up on Realm Grinder every time. Been about 3-4 days. Can't play the game at all because of it.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey folks,

Quick update on this. I'm still trying to get this ad to load up for me so I can click on it to get the URL for where the ad links to. It's like the ad knows I'm coming for it and it's hiding from me.

If someone can help us out with getting a screen capture of the placement of the ad and the URL for where it's taking you, that will be helpful. We'll get this information over to the folks that work with our ad partners.

-RP

geluf
geluf
4 posts
Peasant

Ad sends you to:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dixie-Ultra-Paper-Bowls-20-oz-52-count/46685692

Clicking ad initially calls:

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trackclk/N5271.668587.AODDISPLAY/B11391677.152613476;dc_trk_aid=322888622;dc_trk_cid=91406061;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @geluf and everyone that chimed in,

Thanks for this information! To quote my co-worker we'll get started on blocking this bugger like those Ultra Paper Bowls block messes. It can take a few days (though most often 24-hours or less) for a specific ad to be fully be removed from the rotation. So please keep us posted if you are seeing this ad after 10 am PST tomorrow.

-RP

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I got it, and maybe solved it.

Right click
Reload Frame

pocky76
pocky76
3 posts
Jester

the Dixie Ultra bugger just blocked me FIVE times in a row. I was trying to play Pretentious Game 5

geluf
geluf
4 posts
Peasant

@RavePenguin

Just checked back in. I'm still getting the ad.

map1124
map1124
1 posts
Shepherd

Still getting the ad!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I just got it again on Chrome. I waited until the main ad ended. When the interactive image came up, I right clicked and selected Reload Frame. It worked.

https://imgur.com/a/ztWOl

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey folks,

We've double checked and triple checked that the original URL that was shared by geluf was reported to our partners and was taken out of rotation on our site. There is a possibility that the ad was uploaded more than once (which means there is more than one ad that we need to block) and if this is the case we'll need the URLs for each of the Dixie Plates.

We'll continue to block and intrusive or bad ads as we come across them and as you all continue to help report these ones to us!

Thank you for your continued feedback and help in tracking these ads down.

-RP

Showing 1-13 of 13