ForumsForum GamesThe Armor Games: Battle Arena

117 40009
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Hear ye, Hear ye! The arena has opened, the first season started! The lanistae are looking for new recruits, and the crowd is craving for blood! Are you brave enough to accept the challenge? Enlist now and join the ranks of duelling legends!

Introduction
In this forum game you can create and personalize a fighter character, and compete with other users in 1v1 duels. The arena is large and can accommodate any number of duels, which can start at any time as soon as two contestants are ready. More different modes and championships might be added in the future if the testing phase goes well. I will update the thread at least daily, or whenever I have the time.

Character Creation
Head over to the separate Character Creation Thread, read through all the available options, and design your very own fighter. Once you have posted your character sheet in the Character Creation Thread, I will use it as basis for your next duel and update it in this here battle thread, so all you have to do here is choose your next move; no need to post your sheet every time, as I will be doing the updating.

You can change your character sheet in between rounds, whether you want to make a little tweaking, or prefer to change it altogether. I will always use the most recent character you posted - unless you designed more than one character, in which case I'll ask you to provide a link to the character sheet you wish to use when you post here for your next duel.
NB: Your character won't have any background story, as this is a duelling forum game, not a RPG.

Duel Procedure
The duels are turn-based, and you can only move in two directions, just like in fencing. Each turn, up to 2 actions can be made. Actions include:
(1) Move one field in either direction (towards or away from your opponent);
(2) use a potion;
(3) use an ability.
You can use up to two potions in one turn. You can also move twice in one turn, or move once and use one potion.
You cannot move and use an ability in a single turn, so choose wisely.
Using an ability immediately ends the turn. If you want to use one potion, do that first.

Basic abilities include Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, Cast Spell, Strong Attack, and Concentrate (see character creation for more details). Additional passive and active abilities can be chosen in character creation.
I will then calculate and post the outcome, after which it will be your opponent's turn.

Both contenders roll a d20 before starting, the one with the highest number gets to attack first.

If you know that you will be away for some time, please notify me beforehand. If a contender is inactive for an entire week without notice, his duel is forfeit and the opponent wins.

Help / Suggestions
Since this is the first time I try to run anything like that, there will most certainly be balance issues and other problems at first. You are welcome to address any issues and suggestions in the Discussion Thread. This is also the place to go if you have questions in general, or want to talk about different strategies.

Getting Ready
Now head over to the character creation thread to make or change your character, then come back here and post "I am ready and looking for a duel!" Your duel will start as soon as another user is ready. Unless you want to duel a user in particular, in which case you can issue a challenge by tagging the user in your post. Ideally, you should have already contacted the user about this beforehand, or else you might risk waiting some time before your challenge is accepted or refused.

----------

Leaderboard

For now, the leaderboard has no significance other than keeping track of victories.

Doombreed: 1
Chryosten: 0

• 117 Replies
nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

im ready to dudududududu-DUEL

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

And we have our very first candidate, ready to draw first blood!

*the crowd goes wild*

Who will be bold enough to accept the challenge?

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

*taps foot*

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Eh, Doom's going to be your opponent anyway, so let's just start this duel.

@nousername757 @Doombreed

Ladies and Gentlemen! Here for the inaugural duel in this arena, we have a fight between Ben the human, and the dark angel who calls himself The Archfiend! *crowd cheers*

Considering this is your first duel, I threw the dice, and they selected Ben as the one who will deal the first strike!

Name(Race): Ben (human)
HP/MP/FP: 120 / 100 (12) / 100 (14)
STR/INT/AGI: 15/10/10

Armor: - None
Weapon: - Sword
Spell: - Fire Spell
Sidearm/Shield: - Shield

Abilities:
- Attack (melee)
- Cast Spell
- Strong Attack
- Concentrate
- Healer (passive)
- Holy strike
- Shield bash

Inventory:
- Health potion (2)
- Mana potion (2)
- Recovery potion (2)

----------

Name(Race): The Archfiend (Dark Angel)
HP/MP/FP: 100 / 100 (16) / 100 (14)
STR/INT/AGI: 5/20/10

Weapon: Staff
Spell: Lightning Spell, Summon Familiar, Teleport
Sidearm/Shield: - None

Abilities:
- Attack (melee)
- Cast Spell
- Strong Attack
- Concentrate
- Healer (passive)
- Wrath
- Mana Lightning

Inventory:
- Health potion (2)
- Mana potion (2)
- Recovery potion (2)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

PS: You are 2 fields away (need to move once before being in melee range)

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

i move towards The Archfiend

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

You can do 2 actions in one turn, so you can move and use an ability for example.

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

oh ok. shield bash!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

HP/MP/FP: 120 / 100 (12) / 85 (14)
+10% crit chance

You step towards The Archfiend, not seeming too impressed by his appearance, and bash your shield straight in his face!

Ben: -15 FP, next turn +10% crit chance
The Archfiend: -5 HP, -10 FP

@Doombreed
What do you do?

HP/MP/FP: 95 / 100 (16) / 90 (14)

Weapon: Staff
Spell: Lightning Spell, Summon Familiar, Teleport
Sidearm/Shield: - None

Abilities:
- Attack (melee)
- Cast Spell
- Strong Attack
- Concentrate
- Healer (passive)
- Wrath
- Mana Lightning

Inventory:
- Health potion (2)
- Mana potion (2)
- Recovery potion (2)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I teleport 3 fields away (sorry for forgetting to ready myself, got carried away )

"I'll feed your fried carcass to the crows!"

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

oh is it my turn now?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

HP/MP/FP: 97 / 70 (16) / 100 (14)

You teleport away and taunt your opponent across the 3 empty fields that now separate you.

The Archfiend: +2 HP, -30 MP, +10 FP

@nousername757
You are now at distance 3 to your opponent. What do you do?

HP/MP/FP: 120 / 100 (12) / 85 (14)
+10% crit chance

Weapon: - Sword
Spell: - Fire Spell
Sidearm/Shield: - Shield

Abilities:
- Attack (melee)
- Cast Spell
- Strong Attack
- Concentrate
- Healer (passive)
- Holy strike
- Shield bash

Inventory:
- Health potion (2)
- Mana potion (2)
- Recovery potion (2)

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

i concentrate then HOLY STRIKE

"I think you need to lighten up!"

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

You can't use 2 abilities in the same turn @nousername757 using one immediately ends the turn. That's why I just teleported before xD

nousername757
nousername757
493 posts
Nomad

oh ok then i just move and concentrate

Showing 1-15 of 117