ForumsNews and FeedbackUser Profiles Update: Recent Forum Activity

7 5000
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello all,

You've asked for a way to see and track your most recent forum activity and it's one of the more common requests we've had. I have some good news. The web team has added a section to the profiles to allow you to see your five most recent posts and responses on your profile! Queue the fanfare soundtrack!

For those that are concerned about privacy, we got you covered. If you would like to disable the Recent Forum Topics and Recent Forum Replies on your user profile here are the steps,

• Visit your profile settings or https://armorgames.com/settings/general
  • Under the General Tab click on the checkbox next to Hide forum activity to remove forum activity from my profile
  • Click the Save Changes button

If you would like to enable the posts later on, just take these same steps to add the check and save your changes and they will appear.

If you run into any issues with the posts not appearing correctly under the Favorite Games (and above Disqus Comment section of the profile) please let us know by replying to this thread after checking if they have been enabled/disabled as well as trying to disable any add-ons or browser extensions for the sake of troubleshooting.

-RP

• 7 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

1 This just adds more clutter to an already cluttered page.
2 To minimize confusion and annoyance, particularly among new users, the default setting should be disabled.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@FishPreferred I agree on the extention of profile data being a bit too much for some profiles perhaps. But setting it to disabled as a default will have a lot of users not knowing about this feature?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I agree that it may look a little cluttered, but it's a common feature on other websites (like Kongregate) and it appears to be on by default in many cases.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

But setting it to disabled as a default will have a lot of users not knowing about this feature?
I don't see this as a problem. If people are interested in having this as a profile option, the rational thing for them to do is to look for it in their profile settings. If they aren't, it shouldn't matter.

@RavePenguin While I can appreciate the work that went into this, I must ask that the new section at the very least defaults to a collapsed state (just like the About section). I would reccommend the same for Favorite Games and Submitted Games.
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @FishPreferred,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback thus far! I'll get your suggestion regarding the new forum posts over to the team working on profiles to consider.

-RP

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

I think this is a really great idea! Can anyone who looks at your profile see it, or just you?

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Yellowcat,

It's set up so that anyone can see the posts if you have it enabled.

-RP

Showing 1-7 of 7