analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → The Bard and the Scribe's Writing Contest: Poetry and Short Stories
Welcome to this brand new and unsolicited contest! The Bard and the Scribe’s contest consist on two categories: poetry and short stories. Here are some rules you must follow in order to participate:
- Post only original content. If it is discovered that you have plagiarized, your poem/story will be disqualified.
- Keep it family friendly: no offensive material.
- Write in any style that you may like, but stick to the theme. Also, remember that a short story should be, as its name says, short (1000-2000 words maximun (less that 1000 will also be fine; although I'm NOT going to count words. This is just a rule to avoid stories of more than 5-6 Word pages).
- Theme will be different in every round and each round will last for a month.
- There will be 2 winners per round, one for each category. When the winners are announced, I’ll flip a coin and one of the winners will choose the next theme. If the result of the coin is tails, the winner of the poetry category will choose; if it is heads, it will be the winner of the short stories category.
- You can submit as many entries as you want.
- You can participate in both categories and, therefore, there is a chance in which one person wins both categories.
- As there are two categories, you should write in which one you would like to participate, as well as writing a title. Example:
“Title of the poem”
Currently the only thing you can win with this contest are bragging rights. However, if any mod offers to hand out the merit/quest to winners, I’d be more than pleased.
Be creative and good luck to everyone!