ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Bard and the Scribe's Writing Contest: Poetry and Short Stories

42 18796
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

http://postimg.cz/images/2017/10/30/kjXyO.png

Welcome to this brand new and unsolicited contest! The Bard and the Scribe’s contest consist on two categories: poetry and short stories. Here are some rules you must follow in order to participate:

• Post only original content. If it is discovered that you have plagiarized, your poem/story will be disqualified.
  • Keep it family friendly: no offensive material.
  • Write in any style that you may like, but stick to the theme. Also, remember that a short story should be, as its name says, short (1000-2000 words maximun (less that 1000 will also be fine; although I'm NOT going to count words. This is just a rule to avoid stories of more than 5-6 Word pages).
  • Theme will be different in every round and each round will last for a month.
  • There will be 2 winners per round, one for each category. When the winners are announced, I’ll flip a coin and one of the winners will choose the next theme. If the result of the coin is tails, the winner of the poetry category will choose; if it is heads, it will be the winner of the short stories category.
  • You can submit as many entries as you want.
  • You can participate in both categories and, therefore, there is a chance in which one person wins both categories.
  • As there are two categories, you should write in which one you would like to participate, as well as writing a title. Example:
Poetry category
“Title of the poem”
Poem itself

Currently the only thing you can win with this contest are bragging rights. However, if any mod offers to hand out the merit/quest to winners, I’d be more than pleased.
Be creative and good luck to everyone!

• 42 Replies
Showing 46-45 of 42