ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games data breach?

32 17588
a_blackpanther
a_blackpanther
2 posts
Blacksmith

I just got kicked out of my account and required to change my password because of a data breach. But there is no mention of this data breach anywhere else on the site, nor did the "required password reset" page contain any details: who, how, why, how many users and for how long? And what are the steps you are taking to contain and make sure this doesn't happen again?

• 32 Replies
LittleRed27
LittleRed27
7 posts
Nomad

I am having the same problem. This is the account of a good friend I am allowed to use, but my own account is locked. The biggest problem is, that the password reset doesn't work at all. I simply never receive an email how and where to reset my pw after clicking "reset password". Please help!

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

This is a result of a breach that happened back in 2013. The data that was gathered by the hacker(s) at the time has started making rounds publicly. I guess whoever had the data finally released it.

Someone in the security space sent us the file and we have gone through it and marked any accounts that were within to need to change their password, which is why you had to do so.

Back when this originally happened, we did the same thing (asked our users to reset passwords), but we are being extra careful and asking again, since many users never changed their passwords to begin with and now this data is more readily accessible.

There hasn't been a similar incident since, and at the time we hired a security auditor and made all recommended updates and changes, as well as notified our users.

a_blackpanther
a_blackpanther
2 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you! But this information should really have come with its own news/update post somewhere on the site. Or at least with more specific information on the mandatory reset page. I doubt I'm the only one with questions, and clearly some people are having issues.

LittleRed27
LittleRed27
7 posts
Nomad

@boppins - Pretty unsatisfactory reply. The password recovery page doesn't work. All I want is a new password for my account Plz make the password recovery work and all is fine. Again, THIS is not my account, a friend allows me to use it to find help in recovering my login combo.

TheDeadPuppet
TheDeadPuppet
1 posts
Blacksmith

My password reset worked. Now, with the new password login, I click on any game, and there's no link to the game's page. I just get a crappy index page.

bloodsea
bloodsea
1 posts
Bard

The DeadPuppet. I haveing the same problem. I click any game .but no link to game.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@LittleRed27
Send an email to support@armorgames.com with your account username and the email it is using and we will help you get it restored.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@bloodsea @TheDeadPuppet
I made an update -- please try again.

hoelmoke
hoelmoke
2 posts
Nomad

I am having the same problem, that after I updated my password I see the website fine, till I try to load a game and just white page with game title.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@hoelmoke please try again

rice777
rice777
3 posts
Peasant

The DeadPuppet. I haveing the same problem. I click any game .but no link to game.

LittleRed27
LittleRed27
7 posts
Nomad

@boppins *Send an email to support@armorgames.com with your account username and the email it is using and we will help you get it restored.*
That's what I did 22h ... all I got is an automatic reply, that "the staff is looking into it". And the pw recovery page is still 100% non-working.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @LittleRed27,

We're working through all of the questions and help requests that have been coming in. It may take some time but we are working on getting to everyone that has contacted us as soon as we can. As this is Friday and we normally are not in the office on weekends, I'll be working this weekend as well.

If you can give me some more to go on regarding the page not working, I can try and get some help. More specifically what part isn't working? Is it not letting you enter your details into the fields or are you getting an error when you submit the details?

-RP

LittleRed27
LittleRed27
7 posts
Nomad

@RavePenguin ... well, not working as in not working. No matter what I do, using my AG user name (BraveD) or email, the page simply does not send a code or whatsoever - it literally does nothing, 'cept for stating that I should check my email. And what do I see there? Nothing.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey folks,

I've put together a quick FAQ from the help contacts we've gotten so far. Also a big thank you to those that were able to get your password reset and updated your help request saying that you are all set! It helps us move to the next person that still needs help a little more quickly.

I've waited an hour and the email hasn't come.
Given the number of people accessing the page and attempting to reset the password, this may be causing the email system a delay as emails may need to queue up some in order to not trigger email domains spam mail filters. If you do not see an email in your junk/spam folders and you have made sure that you added our email domain (@armorgames.com) to your contact or safe senders list please contact us.

I haven’t kept my email address up to date. Or I used a work/school email that I no longer have access to. What can I do?

There are some steps that you can take to get this sorted out without having to contact the support team. Some cases you may still need to contact us to get help.

First, visit this password reset link you will see some red text at the bottom that will load up a temporary page we’ve set up to help with this situation. Note: If you don't see the red text, you may be on the wrong page.

As long as you remember the following information you will be able to make the email updates yourself.

• Username (i.e. RavePenguin and not your email address)
  • Current Password
  • Previous email address (this is the currently registered email address on the account)
  • The last field is for entering a new email address. Note: This CANNOT be an email address that is linked to an active Armor Games account or was on your deleted Armor Games accounts to be valid. Also temporarily email domains are ill-advised to use as this can cause you problems.

Once your email is updated, please visit this password reset link once more and reset your password from the page.

I filled in all of the information on that page and it didn’t work.
We'll need to work with you one-on-one. Please contact us as we’ll need to look into your account in more detail. Within your contact please include all of the information in the list above as well as your IP address that you have accessed the site from.

What if I marked your emails as spam or blocked you in the past (sorry!) Can you still help me?
Go ahead and submit a help request to us so we can help look into taking some extra steps to try and get your email sent to you.

-RP

Showing 1-15 of 32