ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Browsing games

5 5084
atari26k
atari26k
1 posts
Nomad

Why is it that the page loads at the top when browsing games?

As in, I click to go to the next page of a specific genre of games, and it loads at the top and I have to scroll past two sections (one of which is the same list of &quotopular" games on every page) to get back to where I was at.

Is there something I am missing?

• 5 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello @atari26k,

I'm not 100% sure I'm following what you are describing. You mentioned the page loads at the top each time you click on the next button for reviewing game categories, but I'm not picturing which section or sections are giving you trouble. Or is this a case of when you click on a game from the list it's not loading up the game in a new window but is somehow loading up in a section of the category page (which is weird!)

Also, can you share some of these categories this is happening on? I'd like to try and look into this some more.

Completly unrelated, I have fond memories of the Atari 2600 so really cool name.

-RP

Jin37
Jin37
3 posts
Scribe

I think they mean that when they want to scroll through the list of, say, adventure games, they have to scroll down all the way past the featured game, popular games, and category banner to the bottom, click the next page button, and scroll all the way to the bottom again for every 10 games.

This is (in my opinion) much more annoying and tedious than the previous version (which had ~100 games per page and the option to go to the last page with a single click).

This happens on all the main categories (MMO, Action, Adventure, Arcade, Shooting, Puzzle and Skill, Strategy, Sports, and Misc.).

Is there a way around this?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

~100 games per page

Actually, the previous navigation had 30 games per page, which is still 3 times as much as the current navigation, except for MMOs.

Is there a way around this?

I don't think there's a workaround, but there are a few ways to improve the navigation:

• Clicking to go to another page could load only the main navigation (i.e. the list of games, not the featured game, popular games, or category banner) instead of the entire page. This is already done for the quests and faved games in user profiles.
  • Add an option to go to the first or last page regardless of current page. This was included in the previous version of game navigation.
  • Add more games per page. With the current size of the icons in the navigation, I wouldn't go much higher than 20.
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello,

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I'll get this over to the team to review and consider making updates that were suggested. Thanks!

-RP

Jin37
Jin37
3 posts
Scribe

Thank you!

Showing 1-5 of 5