ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Adverts

14 6527
Devious_Shadows
Devious_Shadows
2 posts
Nomad

What is with these Advert pop-ups that block half the game screen, that you cannot delete. Yet you refresh the page and it doesn't go away!

• 14 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Devious_Shadows Could you please make a screenshot of the advertisements you are mentioning and post them here. We will have a look and see what is wrong, ok?

Devious_Shadows
Devious_Shadows
2 posts
Nomad

Do you have an email? - It doesn't seem to let me paste it here.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello, @Devious_Shadows,

You should be able to use a website like Imgur or snag.gy to paste the image to the web and then share the URL as an alternative. You can also hang tight while waiting for @MrDayCee to follow up with you directly.

Additionally, you can also report this to us directly using the information we have on our "Bad Ads" support page.

-RP

burtosy
burtosy
2 posts
Farmer

Its currently impossible to play a game on this site as the adverts block half the screen, AG sort it out

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

http://server.cpmstar.com/click.aspx?poolid=75951&subpoolid=0&campaignid=406159&creativeid=1055577

Is that what you need?

Personally, I don't think it's the ad which is the issue, as I've had the same problem but with a variety of different ads

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

Or this:

https://imgur.com/a/qmxKx

as suggested above

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

P.S for clarification, the Sonny ad is behaving normally

It's the Subnautica ad which is the issue in the image I shared

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Hulb2,

Thanks for the information this was great. I've passed it along to another member of my team to help look into further and hopefully get fixed soon!

As for anyone else that is experiencing this (I know that @burtosy & @Devious_Shadows have mentioned it) any additional details that you can share, or URLs to screen shots will be helpful!

If you are comfortable with sharing this information, which country are you located in? So far I've not been able to replicate this on my end so I'm just curious if this is happening globally or I just need to visit more games till I get this to happen.

-RP

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks. Hulb or others experiencing this issue. Is it ONLY the Subnautica skin ad that is causing problems? If you refresh and get a different advertisement, does it load in the proper place (on the sides, and not covering half the game)? Or is it also ads for MapleStory, Crossout, and others as well?

We apologize for the problems... this is a new ad unit we're testing out, and there does appear to be at least a small hiccup for some users we're working to resolve.

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

@Tasselfoot, I had it happen on I think 3 different adverts, can't remember names though, I think it's more of a formatting issue, like behind/in front, rather than with the ads themselves though

Having said that, other than those 2 days, I haven't had issues with it happening to me since then, so it may have been a brief thing, perhaps something to do with the internet provider? Or perhaps it was just random chance between the ad and the game and something else, who knows...

P.S for me at least, it continued to be an issue throughout the time I was trying to play, regardless of whether I refreshed or not, can't remember if I managed to get on to some games but not others though....sorry

Strangely enough, at one time I did have it happen on the home page too...

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks. We disabled the ad causing the problems, so that is why you are no longer seeing it.

If you're able to help us pinpoint the problem, since it only appeared to be happening to a small sub-set of users, could you answer the following:

What country are you in?
What operating system are you using?
What browser did it occur with? Did you happen to try multiple browsers?
Do you have any installed browser extensions that might mess with our ad code or javascript?

Thanks!

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

@Tasselfoot

Sure, I'm from UK, I have Windows...something, not sure what exactly, and I typically use Explorer

oh, & I don't know about that last bit, but probably not?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks. We've actually re-enabled this problem ad, only in the UK, only on Kingdom Rush Frontiers: https://armorgames.com/play/15717/kingdom-rush-frontiers

Are you still seeing broken ads on that game page? We made a change that we're hoping fixed the issue.

@Hulb2

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

Just went to that game and still got the same column issue with the Gamekit ad, sorry

http://server.cpmstar.com/click.aspx?poolid=75951&subpoolid=0&campaignid=408485&creativeid=1063270

but....I refreshed and got the MG Motor ad working fine at the sides, & the HSBC one

Roblox is columning too though

http://server.cpmstar.com/click.aspx?poolid=75951&subpoolid=0&campaignid=43799&creativeid=1032632

Showing 1-14 of 14