ForumsArt, Music, and WritingEpic Rap Battles of Armor Games

123 42911
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

https://i.imgur.com/IoMccuH.jpg

Hey everyone!

It has been awhile since a contest has appeared here. With that being said you are probably wondering what is this Epic Rap Battles of Armor Games (ERBAG)?

Participants will be pitted against one another in a poetry slam to roast one another 1v1 until there is one final winner. This will be a 16 player single elimination tournament. Image below for reference.

The tournament will either include 8 players with 4 rounds, or 16 players with 5 rounds. Depending on how many participants sign up. For every round you win, a merit will be awarded. So the more users sign up, the more chances there are for you to win a merit. The maximum amount of merits you can win is 5, if you are the grand winner in a 5 round style tournament. So share this opportunity with your fellow users for a more rewarding experience.

http://clashroyale.wiki/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/8-Team-Single-Elimination.gif

!!!IMPORTANT!!!
To protect users and keep competition friendly, clean, and for laughs:

- Participants will only roast based on their opponents history on Armor Games, that includes Stats (likes received, comments made, games rated/played, merit count etc.), Quest Count, Forum Posts, Username, Rank, Position/Title, Friend Count, Favorite games, Profile comments, activity, or any thing AG related.

- Any roast post made to include anything on your opponents personal life or on a personal level will mean automatic disqualification. This means Age, Gender, Race, Religion, Political views, anything not meant to be shared on public, or anything on a personal level will mean automatic boot off the contest and if need be, additional consequences on site by a moderator.

- The main moderator keeping an eye on participants will be the very much respected and well known @Moegreche. He will be the very person handing out merits and making sure everything is kept in check. Thank you, Moe, we salute you.

- I, @SirLegendary, will be the host and judge of this competition. I've judged and hosted many poetry and art contests on AG, and have participated in many I did not host or judge. Rest assured I am fair and will only judge you on your ability to roast and the creativity of your roast. IT HAS TO RHYME.

- Sign ups will begin when this post is live and will last for a week, until June 13, 2018, or until at least 8 slots have been filled. If you sign up after the 8th slot is filled but the total amount of participants does not reach 16 by the time sign up is over, you will not be able to participate.

SIGNED UP:
1. @NietzTheBlitz
2. @abcdragon66
3. @Boofuss
4. @Raiiker
5. @disastermaster30
6. @lozerfac3
7. @PLGuy
8. @sciller45
---

Round Rules:

1. You will be paired randomly at the beginning. Brackets will be posted after every round in order to view who is against who in the next round.
2. Updates will be posted and you will be tagged for announcements.
3. You will have give and take one roast/rap per round. If you are posting for any other purpose make sure it is clear that you are not posting for the sake of the round to avoid confusion.
4. Rounds will last up to 1 week, or until all participants have finished.
5. Next round will begin once on announcement after judging decisions have been made.
6. Be patient with the merits, they will come.

• 123 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@PLGuy
Vs
@Lozerfac3

Let’s start with lozerfac3 since you fired first. Here’s the thing, your verse was tight, short, and compact. I respect that. So indeed, you have used your flow once again to deliver a message. Word play with assonance or consonance is present. Though with the speed of your flow and pauses, or the use of a comma to communicate a pause, the verse goes by very quickly. It was a tad bit short and felt almost outside of the very theme we are trying to portray, being within the community or Armor Games.

PLGuy’s entry displayed very good use of meanings and references that could be found in many places of the entry. I also like that this time you’ve chosen to go with less, which in your case is more. I think it is a good place between too long and too short. Just right. However little gripes I have with the entry, one I’d like to point out is the flow might have felt disrupted at some points, but I’ll call it somewhere in the lines of above average.

Okay so, while lozer’s work displayed high skill in putting lines together and various ways to make words rhyme and connect, I felt that there was too little meat behind those words. PLGuy’s skill in those aspects may perhaps not been at par compared to lozer’s, but his words brought upon meaning and references, which is required for a good roast in the first place. I’m going to choose the rusty old treasure box with a ton of gold than a shiny new one with an ounce of gold. Hope the metaphor was understood. Either way both of you displayed a good effort but one must be the victor.

The winner is PLGuy! Congratulations!

@NietzTheBlitz
Vs
@sciller45

Alrighty, lets start with the first shot. Sciller45, I’ve read your roast and have a few criticisms I’d like to share. When reading your roast, I’ve noticed that most rhymes were at the end of lines, mostly consisting of words that rhyme with “time”. So what does that mean? So I felt that rhyming pattern could have either turned into something more, or could have given space to other kinds of rhyme and word play. Also when writing your piece, consider the flow of words when the piece is being read. So things like periods and commas should be inserted into the piece for pauses, and since it is a poem, a lot of rules on where periods and commas land probably don’t matter as much as how you want the reader to hear your piece in their head. Also the amount of syllables in a line are major part of how the flow of your roast will be. When reading, a jump to the next line still is a sort of pause, so amount of syllables do matter, so unless there is some sort of sudden stop or some purpose to lengthen the amount of syllables there is in a line, you should work on the uniformity of your lines.

Next we have NietzTheBlitz. Glad to see your lateness will not define the quality of your roast, so I’d like to point out some things I liked. I like your references to to things you can flex. So with the theme set straight with you, I’m glad that you’ve turned your achievements into strengths. I like the way you’ve pieced your lines together, especially in the line talking about terms in conditions. Here’s my gripe, your roast, however clever, was almost 90% build up. It was made so that the last stanza was supposed to be the height or climax of your piece. So you’ve flexed your achievements on AG, you’ve built up the excitement or hype, what’s left was to fire your guns towards your target, so the climax. So I can see a solution to this problem, perhaps rearranging your stanzas to put your punches last.

Due to NietzTheBlitz’s lateness, his work had to be better so I would consider it, and that much better for me to give it the win. And it was. I hope you all can see how loose I’ve been with the deadlines, so anyone one of you could have gotten the second chance if you had been late as well. But what I truly must not be loose with is judging the pieced that have been submitted. So with that in mind, I give the win to NietzTheBlitz. Congratulations!

---

Good effort from everybody! If you didn't make it, use the criticism to improve your game and get yourself hyped for the next season, your efforts are still more than most can say.

Congratulations to the two moving to the finals! @PLGuy and @NietzTheBlitz, you have until August 11th for you final pieces. Your loot for this round will be awarded in no time, but the fight isn't over yet. Make it a final that cannot be forgotten and show your best effort yet!

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

Congrats @PLGuy! Although I was hoping for the W, I can't be mad with the result. You definitely fired all the shots this round and, as SirLegendary said, it's a learning experience. Thanks for the fight and thanks for the rematch! Rip Nietz to pieces for me, bro

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Glad that I still won even when the odds were stacked against me in how I saw it and kudos to my wonderful opponent @sciller45, man you need to know that you had me on the edge and this?

Can't touch me with your hits. You'll end up in bits.
Tis a battle of wits and you'll be the pits.

This had me screaming and rooting for you to roast me more lmao

@SirLegendary, lol yeah, I kind of was building it up to sciller's profile typo but I had to cut it short because of time constraint, I'll make sure it won't happen here in the finals. :-P

Also, don't get your hopes up @lozerfac3 I said it once and I'll say it again

I made a point in the first round that I'm here for the win
So ya'll sit tight cause I'm not gonna throw this to the bin

It'll be my pleasure to take down The King

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@SirLegendary ton of gold haha, thanks man xD I bet for the gripes you meant f.e. tutu and crew lines - they are separated differently, I forgot the comma after "we can".

@lozerfac3 Thanks man! Congrats to you too, your flow was so good this time that I gave myself 40% all the time but you didn't hit the bombs - it's what you did in our rematch xD

@NietzTheBlitz do I see somebody up for some smack talk? Oh wait, he already disappeared! (Congrats and may the better win xD)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@NietzTheBlitz by the way check out our rematch with Lozerfac3 - man, that's some epic stuff. Now let's beat that and make THE SHOW!

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Ugh... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially on the finals... And especially after four days after the announcement... I'll be giving up

I won't be able to participate anymore. some things I've kind of pushed back are now catching up and I've been unable to make a single good line for the past few days with all this stress
I really wanted to battle you PL, but if the best I could make was a four-line stanza then I'd rather just quit now. I'm sorry if I made you waste your time devising a roast against me

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@NietzTheBlitz For me it’s a bad news indeed. I hoped for a great challenge (expectations are high after I saw your style and creativity) and even greater fireworks in this final. TBH I didn’t have an inspiration yet either but looking that we have almost 4 days left I wasn’t too much worried about that, often creativity can’t be moved at a push. But on the last weekend I spent lots of time trying to make something and researching so I’d really appreciate (and I’m sure that the judge and the audience too) if you still stayed for this final fight! :-)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@SirLegendary I stop working on my roast if that's how it is. I shouldn't make a roast on somebody that leaves the competition. Waiting for your decision what's next, if anything.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@SirLegendary It would be great if you could announce something soon. How I see it is that Nietz can say Sike! at any moment since there was no announcement. The only reason I don't make a roast about him is that he leaves competition and said things which indicate he doesn't want to have a roast on him posted. I can f.e. make a roast on myself. In fact, I had this crazy idea that me, Lozerfac3 and Sciller could compete in self-roasts for the title.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@SirLegendary I see no answer from you so according to the rules and your decisions so far I have to post a roast on Nietz until the end of this round to win by default.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@PLGuy @NietzTheBlitz

Sorry for the hold up, I was only planning to check back once the deadline came, and it was my mistake to come late. Okay, the round continues, I see no other workaround the situation since you both have participated from the start and earned your turns in the finals. So yes, @PLGuy, if you post your roast and @NietzTheBlitz does not, you win the competition by default. @NietzTheBlitz, if you can at least submit something small, I would appreciate the effort. I'll wait for your response. Either way, I think both your efforts lead you guys here and any sort of win, default or not, is well deserved.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

BlitzTheNietz

Blitzing the Nietz first, you can call me necrosmasher,
burning glitzy lists, at least they’ll be finished faster.
Don’t resist diss, horde of unalives wait for their master,
necromancer add insane quest: beat me in Rap Battle.
Disaster your poems can be called tinysasters,
you’re a frantic roaster with alias necromaster.
It ain’t sound like you’ve got necromantic forces,
rather sort of romantic realations with corpses.
I’ve enough when you start narrating your love story:
“I saw her standing there and then she was a zombie.”
Yucky! But I’ll cut back the gap with rap don’t worry,
you’ll join her when I send you on a ghostly journey.

“Take down The King” you said, dude are you undead?
The thing spreads around town from thread to thread.
*Haven’t you read?*
PL is no mere king now, something more instead,
throne was too cramped so there’s no crown on my head.
It was a burden so I dropped curtains, left that title
for little rivals, I raise above constraints like an idol.
Idle posers, I’m the real power so fear my glare,
reverse solar panels – I power the sun with sheer flare!
Spreadin’ Love’s Miracle through the air, you can’t fight
with the type that makes sparks fly like love at first sight!
That’s my might, I’m rap diety it ain’t no blasphemy
my spit’s divinely sick, it spreads global pandemy.

Rap epidemy, bacillus’ in my academy,
no alchemy, just using words I end an enemy.
Deadly weaponry, comes from gold’s worth quality,
modestly, my first words were seer’s birth prophecy.
Honestly, all this time you have been just a pawn,
probably, you’ll note when all that teen angst is gone.
Spiritually, you’re just one of my creations
truly, just a figment of my imagination!
*dam nation*
What’s this? Plot twist from amidst mist emerges
vile creature of unknown genesis. Ten scourges!
The reason no roast touched me: @LilAnnoyingPunk
he’s part of me, my nemesis unleashed for destroying dunk…

Second psyche of king say hi to Viking. Valhalla!
Sike call me Psyching ‘cause I cause… Psychalla!
Good morning or should I say adiós game over,
moreover you won’t be saved by your zombie lover,
or four-leaf clover, dance necromancy-flamenco
when I burn that blonde perm and fancy mustachio.
Game’s over one trick pony, you’re not in Bitzy Blitz
dear crony, I drain you and give a name – Selfie Fritzl.
Eight hours of work… though I see shtick chromosome,
you like your rap because of the Stockholm syndrome.
By hook or crook I shook every comp with the real speed,
drive with unfading flame, even without cheat we succeed.
*And you? Left in dust.*
Your fame was as short-lived as your enthusiasm, Nietz,
that’s why chicks named you with sarcasm: The Blitz.

I put my and @NietzTheBlitz ‘s posts in a thread. LilAnnoyingPunk is my evil alter ego, like cumulated flaws. I made him to plague own posts even before making that alt account. I didn’t change anything in bio since. He spits the final verse (we=PLGuy & him). Other associations are to Nietz’s profile page. *text* are between lines, rapped on beat pauses.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Update: if there won’t be any further posting within the day, I’ll close the finals. Good luck to both @PLGuy and @NietzTheBlitz (hopefully you can submit something, if not I’ll understand)

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

necromancer add insane quest: beat me in Rap Battle.

One day, but not today. Despite having to win like this, your roast is a painful punisher and makes for a great one last roast for the very first season of ERBAG. Indeed anyone who tester their metal against you in the ERBAG came out burnt to a crisp. Congratulations @PLGuy! You are the very first winner of the ERBAG!

To everyone, thank you for your participation, and I hope to see you all in season 2!

A round of applause to all the participants, and most especially @PLGUY !!!

Hooray!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Nice job everyone

Showing 106-120 of 123