ForumsNews and FeedbackSupport for the forums on mobile browsers

7 5056
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

AG does not support gaming or the community on mobile browsers. If one has to load the forums, the person has to request a desktop-site every time a forum page is loaded. So, if not a mobile site for gaming, how about supporting a mobile friendly site just for the community and chats, @Tasselfoot?

• 7 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@akshobhya Actually... I have no problem browsing the Community Forums? I access them through my mobile internet browser on my Samsung S5 Neo, never had a question to request a desktop version.

As for the gaming part, most games on Armor Games are Flash games, which need to have a Flash plugin installed to be played. Most mobiles do not have them automatically and Android doesn't even support those fully. If you want to play the Flash games, you need to fix this on your end, as it is not something AG can fix.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@MrDayCee I've experienced what @akshobhya is talking about on iOS. Either Safari or Chrome.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@MrDayCee, whenever I open up armorgames.com in Chrome, it redirects me to mobile.armorgames.com (or the Armor Games Studios website). The main AG homepage comes up only when I particularly request a desktop site on chrome. Then whenever I click any link from that page that just got loaded, it again redirects me to the AG studios page and I have to request a desktop page again. When I open up the forums, the procedure has to follow every time I want to reply to a thread using a mobile device. And sometimes, CSRF security check fails when I hit the submit button and I would have to r-type the reply again to submit it. @SirLegendary, do you experience something like this?

Anyhow, I just wanted to suggest something could be done about this. Just bringing up an idea - How about an app just for AG Forums and AG Chats. That could get people more involved in this site right? I mean, most of the users have a personal smartphone and I feel making it easier to post in the forums through this means could bring some activity around here. How about this? What do you feel?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@akshobhya and @SirLegendary Just to be clear, you are both referring to this situation occurring while using a mobile device, right?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@MrDayCee Yep, being redirected to mobile site on iPhone upon opening armor games again or opening email notif links. But once desktop site is requested, I’m able to go through AG without requesting desktop site. Just have to do the process again whenever I start a new AG tab, or open motifs from email afaik.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@MrDayCee, even in Android based tablets. Suppose I open the armorgames.com/community page, I will be redirected to the AG studios page. After requesting a desktop site, any pages (or threads) opened thereafter in that particular tab works fine. If I open any thread as a new tab, the desktop site has to be requested for that particular tab again.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Any updates, @MrDayCee?

Showing 1-7 of 7