ForumsNews and Feedback[Work in progress...] Can mods approve our pinned comments in MMO games?

12 5982
omegaprototype
omegaprototype
26 posts
King

Hello everyone I would like to request that common users can get a pinned comments (without removing the admins/mods featured comment) at top of discuss in MMO games, and of course beforehand being approved by a mod. I explain the situation in the following:

In your average flash game there isn’t much activity in discuss, comments can last from days to week and in unpopular flash games even months before being buried by the newer comment traffic. However in MMO the player population is huge and between: questions, threads, spam and “hi, I’m new” comment it’s easy for some information to be buried before being seeing by the intended audience. I come from the game The King of Towers, as many MMOs we have weekly events that sometimes are not that easy to understand without prior experience on how to play, the problem is that the new players… don’t read, like literally you may explain the same answer up to 10 times during the event given that they won’t scroll down for information. In some cases its justified given how fast the relevant answers are buried, however at the end of the day this is turns into spam and keep away more experience player from joining in the community chat out of annoyance, I think that a solution to reduce this situation is to be able to get pinned comments in a mechanic such as this one.

A Veteran or Veteran players will make a small guide as descriptive as possible but also as short as being comment length. Main writer will be the poster and secondary sources will have their username placed at the bottom of the comment as a signature and then request a mod to approve it being pinned and as a safety measure against player attempting to provide wrong information, this duration should last from 1 week to 2 weeks depending on the nature of the needs or until a new pinned comment is requested.

Hope this is possible as it would keep a more clean discus

• 12 Replies
Showing 76-75 of 12