ForumsSupport ForumChat desync bug report

4 3825
ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

Hey there
I usually use the pop out chat cause its a lot more convenient for me to chat
with but lately i have been noticing that the chat looks a lot different on the chatroom on the site compared to the popped out chat, and yes I am in the same chatroom.
I think this might have to do with that the messages need to go to both chats and that they dont get sent to both of the chats. Either way here is a screenshot as proof.
https://imgur.com/g8SKL32

• 4 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Do you regularly have both the on-site chat and the pop-out window open? This might indeed confuse the chat, so I would only use one at a time. They're supposed to be the same anyway

An other factor might be having two or more tabs with the Armor Games website open simultaneously; that can sometimes confuse the chat (including PM) for me. Closing all but one window and refreshing usually updates the chat too.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

The thing is that I have to go the chatroom on the site to then pop it out which basically makes it so i pretty much have both of them opened, but yeah you are right I should just have one open

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

You are right, you have to first open the on-site chat room. However, when I click on the 'Popout chat room' button, it automatically closes/reduces the on-site chat while opening the popout window. Does it do that for you too?

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

I find that just having the pop out and not having he chat in the tab at the bottom, most of the time, resolves this. However sometimes I also find it doesn't and I need to refresh everything/reopen everything. That's probably not much help but it's what I find helps.

Showing 1-4 of 4