ForumsSupport Forum[FIXED] Sudden Rank Change

34 13493
AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

So apparently I was checking my profile, looking at my completed quest, and out of the corner of my eyes I saw my rank as Queen https://i.ibb.co/ZhwCKqC/queen-rank.png

30 minutes ago I firmly believe I am still in princess rank. So I conduct a small investigation in the leaderboard and saw this.
https://i.ibb.co/MR2wFdb/ag-rank-bug.png

What I have circled are a few examples. It seems that there is a bug with the AG points as some people have ridiculous amounts of point but done so little quests. So I wanted to know what may be the problem here?

• 34 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@kalisenpai maybe if you win another quest you'll again jump to a Grand Duchess? There might be some mysterious bonus on even numbers of quests XD
@AmyClyne do you have similar position/number of points now after jumping again to Queen?

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

@PLGuy I couldn't answer to that because I never counted my AG points. But what I can tell you is what I saw from my profile.

So at first I'm like around 1444 points needed to go to queen rank, after that I became queen, then I play multishop tycoon and got me many quests, and my rank goes back to princess but needs about 1000+ points to queen, after I played keeper of the grove 2, gotten me 3 quest, today checking profile and I'm queen again! xD So it could be a periodic thing, it doesn't look like the quests are to blame imo but the AG calculation system gotten buggy recently.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@AmyClyne I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you dropped to Princess again. Let's see what will happen when you're on an even number of quests again...

Quests shouldn't be to blame, but something changes when you get new. But also that can be just a coincidence - some people jump in ranking, even when not being online, and some not. As you said points might change periodically. It can be due to places in ranking, associated with certain users, or just total randomness.

dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Hmmm. I can't make any claims about this, but it seems to me there might be tinkering going on in the background. I notice the admins haven't said a thing about this yet. Has anyone tried contacting them? I know @sciller45 tagged @MrDayCee, but other than that, has anyone tried to contact them? I didn't see any comments about it on any of their profiles. (Maybe they're working on an update to the AP system and it just didn't work the way it was supposed to?) If nobody posts back in a while, I'm gonna comment on DayCee's profile directly and see if he answers. Judging by what @Mogreche @Doombreed and @SirLegendary said, I don't think the mods or wardens know what's going on either.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

I just imagine it being a complete mess there in which no one knows anything and they're all blaming it on each other.

@greggalactic :"Eh, probably a back-end problem. We need to go ask those dudes if they know what's going on."

*Meanwhile, in the back end*

@Boppins :"Man, front-end devs screwed up the points system!"
---
@DoraDoraBoBora :" It was @EntryHazard ! He probably did it!"

@Conspiracy :"Erm. Ferret? Come on, you're our support guy."

@Ferret :"I'm not the support guy anymore! Go bug @Tasselfoot or something!"

@lroot :"This bug is cool and all, but does anyone know where @Daniel went?"

Please, don't ban me.

Actually, as I heard on the official armor games wiki (Which exists for some godforsaken reason), Boppins should be the one to contact. Eh, why take a book out when you can tug the whole bookshelf. That's a good idea, right?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Essentially there are other ways to get points besides Quests. So if you see folks with less Quests, but more points, it's because they likely participated in contests or got merits. Nothing unusual there.

dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

@Ferret With all due respect, that still doesn't account for the fluctuations like what @kalisenpai reported - every time she earns a quest, she gets kicked up five ranks, and then back down five the next time she gets a quest. Also, I've seen certain users bounce back and forth for no apparent reason, i.e. @AmyClyne who has leapt back and forth between Princess and Queen several times since this started.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've talked to the team, we're going to look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Also if you see other odd things to help us pinpoint a reason, please feel free to add it here.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Ferret Lots of people got extra points, I got about 30K. Other than that we can only guess what's happening with these points.

On the fly I saw lots of dead positions in the ranking:

https://imgur.com/DglcpVf.png

Page 12, number 172, p19 n272, p20 n293 and n295, p32 n469. The whole ranking must be full of them. It seems to be not related to weird bonus points.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Perfect. Thanks for that data.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Great to hear, Unleashed. We pushed a fix last night, and then it needed to work its way through the 10,000,000 user accounts. But, yes, this issue should be resolved. Cheers.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@PLGuy @dragonmaster10902 @sciller45 Should be fixed, if not fixed shortly.

dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Thanks guys! We appreciate all your hard work!

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

It's fixed. I bid thee my thanks, oh furry denizen.

Showing 16-30 of 34