The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesWill Don't Escape 4 Come to AG?

1 3959
annabellelee
annabellelee
1 posts
Shepherd

Hey everyone,

I was looking for escape games last night and came across the Don't Escape series, I finished all three and enjoyed them. I noticed a post/ad/notification (?) that Don't Escape 4 would be (has been?) released in 2018 on Steam. I'm not familiar with Steam but I'm under the impression that you either pay for games or a membership on that site and while I liked the Don't Escape series and am interested in the 4th game I'm broke. That being said, I was under the impression that the series was associated with AG (I'm not sure if they were created for AG or with AG software/programs) and if they are it seems weird that the 4th one would never come to AG, so that's why I'm asking if anyone knows whether or not it will be coming to AG and if so when.

Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm just someone who likes to casually play idle and puzzle games so I'm not familiar with how these games are created or what the normal process is when games are released (do people on Steam pay for early access? Do games stay on Steam forever and members get more features than if they played for free on AG? Do Steam members act as beta testers? Or has this series got enough attention from the first 3 free games that players are now willing to pay to play the 4th game?). Thank you to anyone who can enlighten me on this.

~Annabelle

• 1 Reply
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @annabellelee. We're glad you stumbled across the Don't Escape series and have enjoyed them!

Don't Escape 4 is a much larger experience than any of the original trilogy. Because of this, it isn't possible for us to release the whole game onto the web for free. The game will be paid, and available through Steam. Steam is a large marketplace and repository for PC/Mac games, most of which are paid. If you purchase a copy (or are gifted a copy of it), it will be permanently and forever associated with your Steam account. We have not announced a release date for the game yet, but it should be available later this year.

The game is currently available for wishlisting HERE
And you can view the game page on our publishing site HERE

Showing 1-1 of 1