ForumsSupport ForumGragyriss, Captor of Princesses

9 4856
lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I was trying to play this game, but after the ad finished, I got this error:

An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
SecurityError: The operation is insecure.
It seems strange because the menu page loaded, but after I clicked close on the error popup, I wasn't able to click anything. I'm using Safari. How would I fix this?
  • 9 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hey @lozerfac3. We'll look into this issue and see what we can do. Thanks!

If you are able to open your browser console and provide us the errors displayed, that would be really helpful. You can do this by:
Develop, Show Error Console. Error messages should show up in RED.
If you don’t see the Develop menu, you’ll need to turn it on using Safari Preferences. Open Safari > Preferences, and click on the Advanced Tab. At the bottom of the pane, check the box next to “Show Develop Menu in menu bar”

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I wasn't able to find Show Error Console, but I did find Show JavaScript Console. Here are some of the errors that showed up before the page reloaded unexpectedly:

WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: texImage2D: type HALF_FLOAT_OES but ArrayBufferView is not NULL
Unhandled Promise Rejection: AbortError: The operation was aborted.
SecurityError: The operation is insecure.
It looks like there are more errors above, but before I can scroll up and get a screenshot of them, the page reloads. Hopefully this helps. Thanks for the response!
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks @lozerfac3. Is this happening on any other games for you?

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I don't get the same error on Spacedust Defender or Doodle God 2, but they seem to be unplayable after the ArmorGames animation. However, I was playing Corporation Inc. and it worked out fine. Today it works too.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

That error is specifically a Unity WebGL error, so it would only occur on other Unity WebGL games.

Another example of one: https://armorgames.com/exhaustlands-game/18548?fp=ng
Or: https://armorgames.com/porkin-hell-game/18537

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

Oh I see. So how would I fix it?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Unsure what the cause is. Are you seeing this error on those other 2 games, or other WebGL games? Or just Gragyriss? Thank you for the help in troubleshooting.

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

Just Gragyriss. I've been trying to develop my own HTML games using Eclipse and I didn't understand how to use my code in Safari, so I feel like I messed something up.

MATY76
MATY76
2 posts
Jester

i have the same problem with armorgames games
/armorgames.com/mighty-party-game/

Showing 1-9 of 9