The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesWhat are your thoughts about pros and cons of playing multiplayer online games?

3 5094
Whantemis
Whantemis
5 posts
Nomad

What I like about browser games on Armor Games, Mantigames, or some other gaming sites is, they provide me with great convenience. I don’t have to download them to play. It saves my time. I can play whenever they want. Also, if I want to share the games with my buddies, it’s possible for me to play the two players mode. Thanks to this, online games are more attractive. Still, I have to admit that it has two sides.

1. Pros

- Connect with others: Multiplayer lets me connect and play the games with others. I just need the game and an Internet connection to share it with those not sitting next to me.

- Increase social interaction: I work in a team while compete with my teammates. It’s possible for me to improve my social interaction. I’m required to observe their skills, behaviors as well as resources. At the same time, it’s necessary for me to communicate with them.

- Promote teamwork: When playing multiplayer games, I create or join team to achieve a mission. I’m required to interact with others because my teammates and I need support to gain the victory. It’s necessary for me to know how to work and exchange information with others.

- I become more independent: In multiplayer games, I team up with others to complete missions. There is still competition between each team member. Because many games give a reward or bonus for the ones with great performance.

- I enjoy great experiences: I have to compete with real ones instead of an AI. That means, it’s difficult for me to guess what my enemies want to do. This makes the game more engaging. I also can skill up and learn how to read my opponents and make strategies.

2. Cons

- Hours of playing: When I join a multiplayer game, I’m asked to finish the game with other people. It’s impossible for me to leave when the mission isn’t completed yet. My team will be affected. That’s why, there are times I have to spend hours playing games.

- Risks of health: Due to long hours of playing games, I suffer dry eyes. It’s for me. Maybe you’re exposed to other health problems.

These are my opinions. How about you?

• 3 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Jacksonault They make mobile games too, check out mobile.armorgames.com

And for me it's important for a multiplayer online game to be fair for every player, i.e. it isn't Pay To Win. If RL money gives too much advantage, the skill becomes secondary = no fun. Micropayments in multiplayer games are sometimes fair, f.e. in case of "vanity features" like extra skins for heroes.

Other con of multiplayer games could be hatred and trolling of some players. Some people don't respect others online as they would try IRL.

GeorgeOTJ
GeorgeOTJ
1 posts
Nomad

Haven't played on mantigames yet , but will give it a try someday . Armor games have mobile games too.

I like multipl games but sometimes i just want to be alone with some single pl games. agreed with @PLGuy, some player's hatred is annoying

Whantemis
Whantemis
5 posts
Nomad

@PLGuy yes, you're right. There are times some really get on my nerves
@GeorgeOTJ mantigames is generally good 8.5/10), but my utmost love is still armorgames (9/10). I think single player games and multiplayer ones have their own up and downsides.

Showing 1-3 of 3