ForumsSupport ForumOld firefox plays games, new one doesn't?

4 3871
rowan_bojog
rowan_bojog
4 posts
Farmer

I had to update Firefox today (which always seems to ruin everything I do).

Now no games on Armorgames play. Flash is installed, updated, and enabled. The games don't play whether my adblocker is turned on or off.

No recent information about this online. Looks like people had this problem 4-5 years ago and there are no current or workable solutions. So does the new Firefox simply not work with Armorgames?

• 4 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hey @rowan_bojog. For a while now, Firefox has required you to opt-in to Flash games.

When you load a game, such as the recently released Day of Meat, it will likely appear as a dark grey box. Click on this box, and a pop-up should appear asking if you'd like to allow Flash to run on this webpage. There will also be a checkbox to remember this selection. You should check this box and click Allow. Then, the page will refresh and the game will load properly.

Please let us know if this does not fix the issue. I tested it myself by updating to the newest Firefox, 65.0.1, and it works.

rowan_bojog
rowan_bojog
4 posts
Farmer

Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm afraid that didn't help. Originally I got the grey box and chose "allow" and then the "remember this selection" thing. Now I'm getting either blank-white-square, or the title loads but the game does not.

hexo_ag
hexo_ag
8 posts
Justiciar

Same issue here : https://armorgames.com/community/thread/12667827/several-games-games-loading-but-contents-unavailable

Seems that new firefox blocked not only Flasj, but also some cookies and trackers needed by the game to run.

rowan_bojog
rowan_bojog
4 posts
Farmer

Ahh- I see, yes! That's the kind of issue I'm getting. The game appears to load, then it just doesn't work beyond a certain point. Usually for me it's either a white screen, or the title screen loads and the game never opens. Never get a "Play" button, for example.

Showing 1-4 of 4