ForumsSupport ForumShinezone Games and their support policy

6 6403
Easy_Frag
Easy_Frag
5 posts
Shepherd

Good evening!

Sorry about the wall of text and my bad English.

The reason why I make this thread is not the ongoing state of decay of the two biggest MMOs on AG, Viking Age (VA) and King of Towers (KoT), but the way ShineZone (SZ) is acting about it lately and the fact that the players feel helpless about it.

To give any staff member without any background knowledge some information I'll "shortly" wrap up what has been going on.
Over the course of the last year(s) both games greatly dropped in player numbers and development of the games has basically stopped. SZ still provided support for the games.
Most of the players either left or made their peace with the fact that bugs don't get fixed anymore and the state of the game won't be better ever again.
As part of the game they provide "events" for the community to participate in and they change regularly. The last couple of months/weeks there are hardly events that work properly/at all. People stated ingame currency used to buy event related items (different item ID seemed to not associate to the event item) which then couldn't be used at all. SZ support hardly replied and only few received compensation.
This week the same situation. New events, none working properly, several people can't load into the game all of a sudden. And the list could go on and on but I'll leave it at that.

Why I'm writing all of this? Because SZ isn't responding anymore. The last confirmed reply from SZ has been weeks ago. I tried it myself over on their Facebook page for King of towers which usually provided the fastest replies. 3 attempts in the last 24h all have been marked as "seen" shortly after, but no reply to the day.
I was asking about what's going on, how to deal with people not being able to play the game and told them about the vast majority of the remaining playerbase speculating about "the game finally dying".
The fact is their game isn't working properly on all plattforms right now (FB,AG,Kong,...). The players are infuriated, sad and some feel ripped off. Today i woke up and there were 200 new discus posts withing 8h just for KoT. That's usually the amount of comments for a couple of days or a week.

And here I/we am/are asking on how AG is able to mediate or maybe just providing some information about the situation of the games/SZ. Hopefully forcing the admins attention and creating a dialogue about the games. Which probably should be in ArmorGame's interest aswell as both games should provide a nice share.

Thanks in advance and if needed I'll gladly provide any information needed here, on discord or via PM.

• 6 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hey @Easy_Frag Thanks for letting us know about these problems. I'll reach out to our contacts at Shinezone, and see if we can get any additional information and also see about getting support back up and events functioning again.

BlakeLupa
BlakeLupa
48 posts
Shepherd

I did get a response from them last week:

kingoftowers@shinezone.com <kingoftowers@shinezone.com>
06/15/2019 (6 days ago)
To: ______________________
Dear ________________,

We apologize for the inconveniences.

The issue has been fixed. Please clear your browser's cache and cookies before starting the game.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards
The King of Towers Team

It wasn't fixed, but I did get a response.

aflcio222
aflcio222
45 posts
Peasant

Easy_Frag is absolutely right. Horror stories like these are all over the internet. Since my game hasn't been loading, I had time to read about similar stories.
Shinezone is dishonest for taking our money for something they know they are ditching.
Armor games has an ethical dilemma dealing with them.
Just sending them another email isn't the answer.
Ive spent $1616 over 2 years on diamonds and now im gonna get shafted, nice.

ShadowMuse88
ShadowMuse88
2 posts
Nomad

welp was planning on buying vip points on viking age but started getting -777777 error out of the blue and can't play at all this post tells me i should not waste my money ugh

aflcio222
aflcio222
45 posts
Peasant

I have a feeling problems are going to become more common, although I hope not.

TheFatRabbit
TheFatRabbit
40 posts
Shepherd

I am not even playing KoT anymore. I stopped playing in the beginning of this and I have a feeling that I am speaking for many people on AG. Shinezone probably will not be able to handle the fanbase loss, so I have a feeling that even if this gets fixed, KoT will not be able to support play, as it seems to rely on having lots of players for support. Shinezone needs $$ to update their games. If people stop playing them, then Shinezone will not be able to make new games and/or update old ones.

I cannot speak for Viking Age, however, because I never played it.

Showing 1-6 of 6