ForumsThe TavernThanks for a good near-decade, ArmorGames.

1 4869
sue12
sue12
1 posts
Shepherd

This is my first and last post on the forum, and I'd never really go out of my way for something like this, but having been on this site for a good 9 years, I figured I might as well say something in tribute to a website I've been on for almost half my life. I joined this site when I was 11, so I would be able to log my progress in a game called Exit Path. From there, I would go on to explore different genres of games, and immerse myself in many different digital worlds when I didn't really have any consoles to play with, outside of any computer I could get my hands on.

I'd find some really iconic games that I still have a soft spot for. Alice is Dead, Infectionator 2, the DuckLife games, all the games from Flipline Studios, and jmtb02. The ones whose sequels I was excited for but never saw the light of day, like K.O.L.M.. Beautiful games like William and Sly, House of Wolves, and Phoenotopia. Dark games like Sequester, Balloon in a Wasteland, and Deep Sleep. Dwarf Village, Monster Bark, the hilariously bad Election Smackdown, and countless others that would take forever to list if I remembered them all. I will probably still come back and play them, although my amazingly long progress will likely be lost, but due to the recent security breaches, I have to let go and delete this account to prevent any other threats to my information.

I thought after the first one, I might be able to hold out for another year, at least, so that I can satisfyingly end my account after it celebrates its double-digit birthday, but then, two more hit. These two had not been announced by ArmorGames, but instead, I had been notified by my bank that my information was found floating around somewhere in the dark web. I knew exactly where it had come from, and since it doesn't seem like much action is being taken to secure the site, I am afraid I will have to say goodbye.

I know it's oddly and unnecessarily sentimental for me to make such a gargantuan post about a website where I came to play flash games growing up, but when I think about it, I've had this account since I was a preteen, before puberty hit and everything seemed to change for the worse. I still enjoy sharing the games I've found here with other people, but now I will have to do it as an outsider. So thanks, ArmorGames, for everything. It's been a good run, but I think it's time to call it quits. Goodbye!

• 1 Reply
Showing 61-60 of 1