ForumsNews and FeedbackDiscord Chat

58 46882
EntryHazard
EntryHazard
72 posts
Nomad

Hey all!

You may have noticed the removal of the internal chat system on Armor Games that took place earlier today. We have been working on updating the security of the website and in doing so, the removal of the Arrow Chat service become more and more apparent.

As of today, 10/16 Arrow Chat has been completely removed from the website. We understand that in a few of our more popular titles, their respective chat-rooms were frequented rather often by their users. We wanted to offer an alternative option to those who are being displaced by this decision and maintain a free and open connection to the other players you've been working with for so long now.

You can find the Discord information here

We will be continuing to update the server moving forward, so please feel free to post any comments or suggestions here as you all see fit.

Best,

Hazard and the Support Team

• 58 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I know I can only speak for me personally, but what kept me logging in consistently ever since 2016 is the chat. Removing it nullifies the ability to interact directly with the players for me. And to put it simply, not everyone has Discord, as much as I like the service.

I do not think I will be logging in that much now as such, maybe just to check the forums every now and then. I've already talked with some people I kept in touch with here and found an alternative medium to communicate, but I don't think the removal of the chat was necessary or is going to contribute in any way to the site's already dwindling activity.

Then again, there has barely been any information or notice in advance about this, so I would not be at all surprised if this message, along with the obvious question of what is going to happen to chat wardens is just completely ignored.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

I'd suggest bringing back the chat, the site felt way more alive and engaging that way, there isn't a discord link on the site that a lot of people will see.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

Or at least make the discord link more visible somewhere...

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

I would wanna know why the chat got removed in the first place, was there not enough moderation? It was great as far as I remember, I dont think this is the solution. I really miss the chat

joaovictorsilva
joaovictorsilva
1 posts
Nomad

I Joined

Jokerhino
Jokerhino
3 posts
Nomad

I joined.

asmithhenry
asmithhenry
1 posts
Nomad

I have already joined

KalyanJ
KalyanJ
3 posts
Nomad

I joined

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just to check, will the chat ever come back?

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

I dont think so : (

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Is there not a way to talk on it? Like a general chat.

luka_apxazava
luka_apxazava
2 posts
Peasant

I joined

kingstonapp
kingstonapp
2 posts
Nomad

I joined.

EntryHazard
EntryHazard
72 posts
Nomad

Hey Folks,

If you are coming in here from the discord link, please feel free to ask any questions regarding this system in the area below as well. Else, please post your Discord username (IE. Entry_Hazard#1176) and I will associate the profile to the Armor Games rank for the account you are posting from.

Thank you for working with us for this means of verification and let me know if there is anything else I would be able to assist you with.

Take care,

BigB6969
BigB6969
4 posts
Blacksmith

Discord Username: BigB69692

Showing 1-15 of 58