ForumsGamesWorrying About the Future...

2 7143
DerpyGamer
DerpyGamer
1 posts
Peasant

Hi.
I LOVE Armor Games. I enjoy it as a great time killer, and as just an overall nice game provider. But with the support of Flash being killed at the end of this year, I was wondering what will happen to the games running flash.
I know the HTML5 and Unity games will be A-OK and they will continue to thrive on here. But what will happen to your most important aspect of Flash Games?
I understand there was a post slightly over this topic, but I would like a more specific idea you are thinking of.

• 2 Replies
vendelin1556
vendelin1556
3 posts
Peasant

i agree. very worried.

lozanolozano
lozanolozano
20 posts
Nomad

well Kingsroad issued this statement:

It is with a heavy heart that after 8 amazing years, we are announcing that the web versions of KingsRoad will no longer be supported after December 20, 2020. Unfortunately, the Flash Player end of life announcement leaves no viable option for KingsRoad to properly play in the browser.

The mobile versions of KingsRoad on iOS and Android will continue to be supported and we hope you will continue your KingsRoad journey on your mobile device. We will be monitoring for any disruptions to the mobile versions due to the changes in Flash support.

So, what does this mean?
At the moment, there will be no effect on the game. But, we wanted to make everyone aware of the timeline for sunsetting the web version of the game:
After November 30, 2020, you will no longer be able to purchase Gems in the game.
After December 20, 2020, you will no longer be able to play web versions of the game.

Once Gems stop being sold, can I still spend the in-game currency I already have?
Yes, you can still spend any Gems you have in your account until the web versions of the game shut down on December 20, 2020. You can continue to earn Gems in the game, but you won’t be able to directly purchase them anymore from the browser.

Will there be any special packs during this period?
Yes, we will be releasing player appreciation packs throughout the period until December 20, 2020. We want to make sure that players have fun in the final months of KingsRoad on the web and can prepare for a new journey on mobile devices.

Will I be able to play KingsRoad in any way after December 20, 2020?
Yes, you will still be able to play KingsRoad mobile versions on iOS and Android. We will be monitoring for any disruptions to the mobile versions due to the changes in Flash support.

I play on ArmorGames.com / Kongregate.com; will I still be able to play?
Yes, we do plan on allowing players on ArmorGames.com and Kongregate.com to transfer their existing accounts to a RumbleGames.com login, which will allow you to continue playing the mobile version of KingsRoad. We are finalizing details, so please keep an eye on this space for future announcements!

Showing 1-2 of 2