ForumsSupport ForumThe page is not responding?

18 13218
loafer1975
loafer1975
5 posts
Jester

What's the point of doing this for the second day?

Do you hate me?

• 18 Replies
Lilastar
Lilastar
6 posts
Shepherd

I'm having the same problem. It's been about 4 days now. Every time I try to access a game through Armor Games, I get the 'page unresponsive' notification, even though the game itself loads. If I keep pressing 'wait for page', I end up at the 'Snap!' notification and the whole page closes down; sometimes citing the errors 'no memory' (which is incorrect) or 'code hung error'. It must be a problem with Armor Games as I'm not having this problem with any other page or program, and I've checked and reset my system and browser.

johnsonfrog
johnsonfrog
2 posts
Nomad

My reply of the solution was deleted because I used A*Bl*ck plugin to solve the problem.🤣

AlexFC1983
AlexFC1983
1 posts
Shepherd

I have got a same problem, any solution am i taken?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks,

Can you please provide some additional information about this issue?

What game page(s) is this happening on?
What browser are you using?
What OS are you using?
Do you have any extensions / plugins installed in your browser?
Can you please provide a screenshot or short video of the issue happening?
Is it happening 100% of the time? Is it just on game pages, the homepage, the forums, only Flash games, only HTML5 games?

Thanks everyone. The more information we get, the easier it is for us to replicate and fix.

jjtrivella1
jjtrivella1
2 posts
Nomad

Same problem for 3 days. The pages and the forum still working well, the problem happens only in the game. I try other browsers, clear cache but nothing...when the game is loading, the page stop working. My os is win10

Goblinok
Goblinok
1 posts
Bard

Same here. I have Win10 build 19041.746.
Trying in Chrome, Edge, Firefox - all the same.
Its happened in 99,9% times, ones i was able to load in incognito mode and once after i clear cookies, but i cant get this result again never after.
Its happen on all games as i can see, even if page dont have game (trying in MMO games unlogined - its like a start page with game description). Most element are loading, most games not (Idle Champions of the forgotten realms still loading for example).
When the page "freeze" operating memory starts to increasing to infinity and after awhile it crashed.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks folks. We'll investigate and see if we can replicate this issue.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

A few more questions:
- What country are you located in?
- Is this happening for all games? Just Flash Games? Just HTML5 Games?
- Are you seeing ads load on the page? All of them? The siteskin (big ad on the left/right sides)? The video before the game? The static banner ads? None of them?

Lilastar
Lilastar
6 posts
Shepherd

@Tasselfoot. I'm using Windows 10, Google Chrome. Armor Games homepage and forums are working fine but whenever I try to open my main game, Mighty Party, or any other HTML game, I get the same notifications; ''Page is unresponsive'', ''Wait'' or ''Exit'', several times before the whole page crashes ''Snap!''. Haven't tried to access any Flash games yet.
Weirdly, I start getting the ''Page unresponsive'' notifications even though the game seems to be loading, siteskin loads, too, as does the game intro. But the grey tab at the bottom left of the page displays 'Waiting for armorgames' the entire time, from waiting for games to load until the page crashes.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks Lilastar. I appreciate the additional information.

gaataq
gaataq
1 posts
Nomad

Windows 10, Chrome (latest), no plugins.
About 95% chance for freezing. When freezing - game won't load (only ad plays) and burns at least 1 CPU core, sometimes all 4 cores. Even scrolling page up-down does not work at this point. Then browser suggest to exit page. The lucky 5% chance - game loads and plays and at that time it stops burning CPU core and uses GPU one instead. The CPU/GPU is for Firestone Idle RPG. This behavior looks similar for 2 other games I've tested.
My opinion is something wrong with the armorgames's page itself - the one which is used with game playing (i.e. with game specific forum, update, support, etc.). Something that totally consumes event processing since it prevents scrolling or interacting with any page content.
And about 5% chance - I have (a weird?) idea that it might be related to armorgames server instance I am connected to. I see there is 3 addresses in DNS - can you check are they all ok and serve same page content? (including all .js and other stuff) I can't myself check or pin specific address, but rare successes give a strong hint toward this idea.

loafer1975
loafer1975
5 posts
Jester

My nationality is South Korea. Windows 10. Your favorite game pages and forums are accessible, but fun-seeking games/general games are page-down after entering. On the game page, no ads are playing.

Shall we restore the system and see how it works??
It's been 3 days since I couldn't access the game.

loafer1975
loafer1975
5 posts
Jester

I restored the system, but I can't play games.
Oh, I joined Armour Games in 2008, but I guess you're saying you should stop watching it.

What should we do with the games we played without a day off?
We're going to be pushed back.

Lilastar
Lilastar
6 posts
Shepherd

@Tasselfoot No problem, thanks for checking on the issue.
Update: I was able to access Mighty Party today for about 10 minutes of smooth game-play, without any problems or notifications. But after that, I went back to Armor Games homepage, selected another HTML game to test, Aspiring Artist 2, and got the same notifications as before. I closed the page, reopened, and tried to access Mighty Party again and got the same problems as before; 'Wait' or 'Exit' until the page crashed. This time I noticed that my CPU was running at 100%, which it had not when I successfully accessed Mighty Party a few minutes before.
The grey tab at bottom left showed either 'processing request' or 'waiting for cache.armorgames'.

Majiik
Majiik
28 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue on any of our computers.

If you experience the issue, could you open up the task manager for your browser, make sure to expand the tab for the Armor Games tab, and take a screenshot of it? This might help narrow down the cause.

Instructions for Chrome and Firefox:

Chrome - Hit the "three vertical dots" menu next to your profile, more tools, task manager. If possible, right-click and check off CPU time, image cache, script cache, and javascript memory. Expand out the window to show all columns and rows.

Firefox - Hit the "three vertical lines" menu, more, task manager. Make sure to click the down arrow for the Armor Games website tab so it shows the sub-frames.

Showing 1-15 of 18