ForumsSupport ForumNew computer lost game.

5 473
haroldraby
haroldraby
8 posts
Farmer

Hi, my name is Harold and I live in the US. I have been playing Gemcraft - Frostborn for a couple of years. Last week for my 82nd birthday I got a new computer. Is this the place to ask for some help? I posted this somewhere else and moved it here. As you can see, I am logged in but cannot find my saved game that I have been playing for a couple of years.

• 5 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Harold. Are you playing Frostborn Wrath via Steam? It's not (nor ever has been) available on any website (as opposed to the 4 previous GemCraft games, which all were available on web).

If you're playing on Steam, you SHOULD have Steam Cloud save, and be able to access that save file from any computer, so long as you're logged into your Steam account and playing the game via Steam. However, since you don't have it... it sounds like your save file might have been local only (aka, only stored on your old computer, not digitally).

This isn't really the right place for help, since Armor did not have any involvement in the publishing of Frostborn Wrath. However, I'm still happy to do what I can for you. The location for the save file should be found at: See the Bottom Of This Post

You may need to go onto your old computer, get the files from this location, and email them (or put them on google drive) to yourself, then download them to your new computer and move them to this location again.

I hope that helps!

C:/[user]/appdata/roaming/com.giab.games.gcfw.steam/local store
haroldraby
haroldraby
8 posts
Farmer

OK, Thanks. I will go see if I can find it. I thought it was saved somewhere here. I never thought to use ther cloud. My niece that gifted most of the cost of my new toy introduced me to the cloud to save my picture files. I will let you know if this works.

haroldraby
haroldraby
8 posts
Farmer

Tasselfoot; I tried almost everything. I went back to the old computer and followed the game shortcut on the desktop to the folder it is stored in and copied it to my old external hard drive and brought it back here. I drug it onto this desktop and there you go. So, Thanks for the push in the right direction. That old external HD will be old enough to drink and vote soon. It's an HP 1 TB that was, I think, one of their first. It requires 110v a wall plug.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Great, glad you got it sorted!

Emiratesevisaonline
Emiratesevisaonline
1 posts
Nomad

Apply Emirates E Visa Online at https://www.emiratesevisaonline.com, Emirates travel visas are granted according to your purpose of travel. the foremost common varieties are traveler and business visas. other visas that are usually available include the transit visa, work visa, study visa, crew visa, and resident visa, etc. You can apply online at Emiratesevisaonline.com

Showing 1-5 of 5