ForumsSupport ForumChrome(?) error affecting multiple games

6 351
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi there,
Starting yesterday afternoon (around 2pmEST that I saw), a major error was happening on the site affecting the ability to connect to many games with a save linked to our ArmorGames login.

A number of us noticed the problem in Firestone Idle RPG. We could not connect to the server. I tested and discovered that any game asking me to connect to a save linked to my login (such as Brothidle) had the same problem.

After many hours of game outages, someone figured out on the Firestone Discord that the problem was fixed by disabling "Origin-Keyed Agent Clusters" in the Chrome Flags.

This problem is still affecting a bunch of people, and the only ones that can play the game are the ones that applied the "fix" by turning off something in Chrome not known to most people.

• 6 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

We'll take a look... thank you for the report!

Majiik
Majiik
28 posts
Nomad

@Erile Could you confirm if the issue has been fixed? Chrome deprecated setting the `document.domain` property which is what our AGI.js uses for cross-domain communication between the game's iframe and our parent AG page. We made changes to set the appropriate response headers now to allow it.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

It actually isn't fixed. I put the flag back to default and the issue came back. I disabled it again and the games worked again. Sorry.

Majiik
Majiik
28 posts
Nomad

@Erile Ok, it looks like the header needed to be set on all of our pages or Chrome would ignore it for the play page. Want to try again?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Interesting, Firestone RPG is working , but BrothIdle is not!

So you definitely fixed part of it, but something else must still be off.

Wish I could be more help! I'm happy to test.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

WOrking now! Thanks!

Showing 1-6 of 6