ForumsSupport ForumI found a trick to get around a flash softlocking glitch in the game EPF4

1 241
ShyDragon
ShyDragon
1 posts
Templar

Hi,
I commented on this game (EPF 4) thread but the comment disappeared the next day. I guess it's because it's not the rigth thread? So I try here. I was so happy finding how to get past that glitch which is currently softlocking the emulated game that I wanted to share it. EPF 4 was an awesome game, I loved it and still am grateful.

The glitch is an ennemy guarding a key item, but the spawn of the ennemy is glitched and never let the battle against him start. My trick just give that key item.

I call it a trick but all I do is downloading the local save data, edit a single number in it, then replace my local save data with it, as Ruffle allows. I spent time before finding a random free and account-free online tool to do it, and more time to find what precisely edit.
But I guess you probably know all that procedure already.

The cons of that trick is that anyone could cheat, for example by giving himself unlimited healing items. Maybe this is why it can't be shared?

If so, maybe a template save data, already edited, which make the player start from the beginning but just have the solftlocking ennemy removed (so that you don't start already with the key item ever) can be shared to all?
But I am not sure I will find where to edit to remove that ennemy, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

It is only some ideas, and I will not spread the trick until I am allowed to.

Thanks for bringing back some flash gems like EPF 4.
Have a nice day.
(It is the first time I write on the forum so I am not sure how it works)

• 1 Reply
darthgorbag
darthgorbag
51 posts
Scribe

What game is EPF4? What's the full name? Do you mean Epic Battle Fantasy 4? If so then you misspelled the acronym... every time.

Showing 1-1 of 1