ForumsThe TavernI'm haunted by a game I can't find anymore...

5 252
LastBender
LastBender
6 posts
Jester

I believe this game used to be here or on Kongregate.

It was a side scrolling car racing game that was kinda weird. Had WASD or arrow pad controls. However there was only accelerate, jump and side arrows to angle car up or down. The front of the car always pointed right except when it was upside down.

It had an assortment of cars you could select from including a double decker bus. Could do tricks and the side scrolling levels got pretty crazy.

I don't know why, but all these years later I still remember it fondly and wanted to revisit it.

Cannot recall its name and haven't found anything like it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• 5 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi. This sounds like Cyclomaniacs or a similar racing game from developer LongAnimals. This game is not currently playable on Armor due to Ruffle limitations. @LastBender

LastBender
LastBender
6 posts
Jester

Thank you for reply Tasselfoot. Unfortunately that is definitely not the same game.

The one I'm am hoping to see again was entirely cars. It had some trucks, a Duke's of Hazard ripoff, a double decker bus and more. I believe you could also get alternative paint jobs for them.

It was just such a unique and weird game. I really wish I could find it again.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

What about Hot Rod Racing, which is also by LongAnimals (under the TurboNUKE name)? Or Krazy Kar 1 or Krazy Kar 2?

LastBender
LastBender
6 posts
Jester

Thanks again for the replies Tasselfoot, but again those are nothing like the game I'm searching for. The art style of this game was higher quality than those.

I remember the first levels were in a green grassy area with insane hills, eventually there were some more city like levels, some night time levels and the later levels appeared almost in a cave like area.

It's maddening... I wish I could find it again.

LastBender
LastBender
6 posts
Jester

I FOUND IT!
It's Renegade Racing.
Came across an Iriysoft game with similar controls, checked Iriysoft page, saw a message about partnering with Not Doppler, checked out Not Doppler, saw a game that looked like it might be the right one and searched Google for a playable version. Found it.

Showing 1-5 of 5