ForumsArt, Music, and WritingT-Shirt Design Contest: Let the Judging Begin (contest is over)

45 10882
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I have decided to take over the T-Shirt design contest, due to some issues that arose with its creator. Today is the last day to make submissions, so if you still want to enter, do it fast! Here are the current entries:

kirkus333

Klaushouse

Estel (front)
Estel (back)

ubertuna

Strop (front)
Strop (back)

Njaard (front)

The judges are:
*StarScreamer
*Steevo15
*Arax_Nisanu
*Strop
*DragonMistress
*ubertuna
*Avrilicious
*Devoidless
*Carlie
*NoNameC68
(nobody is allowed to vote for their own submission)

Those are the only people that I want to see posting here, apart from any last-minute entries. The voting will begin tomorrow at 12:00, noon (server time).

• 45 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

are we voting for all or just our favorite?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Oh, and FYI: The voting format will be what Greg posted.

*Vote in this format:

Your usernameYes I understand it is right to the right, but it's easier to keep track of everything when you put it right there. ;D)

Contestants nameReason for this is obvious.)

Description of whyFully describe why you chose that one using about 2-5 sentences. This is to prevent random voting for AP. If you do not describe why, your vote will not be counted and your message will be deleted.)
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

You vote for the shirt you would like to see in the AG store.

Njaard
Njaard
132 posts
Nomad

Strop's shirt (although I have'nt finished my back yet Strop's is nuch better)

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I don't think I have made this clear. If you are not on the list of users in my above post, you should not be voting.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Your username: <=== AraxNisanu

Contestants name: Ubertuna

Description of why: Well, out of all the entries there were only 2 or 3 that had a saying on the back/front. Out of those 2 or 3 i went ahead snd chose the one with the most creativity put behind it. I was basing my vote off of creativity not artistic ability :P

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

dank
Strop

Just take out the back and put the design on a blue shirt and it's all win from there.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2701/tshirtblueoq3.jpg
Now I'd buy that.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

DM
Strop

Agreeing with dank, I prefer it without the back, and it looks great as shown above...It uses a common armatar, is clean and made me smile. It has some user-made creativity combined with the style of the website, my only critique is that we might want to add .com at the end because most people won't know what Armor Games is, and if we add the .com it will make people able to come get to us easier!

Though I'd like to see a female variant on this as well.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

my only critique is that we might want to add .com at the end because most people won't know what Armor Games is, and if we add the .com it will make people able to come get to us easier!

The image on the back of the shirt has the url on it.
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to say this one last time. The only people that should be voting are the users that signed up to be judges before the start of the contest. Those would be StarScreamer, Steevo15, Arax_Nisanu, Strop, DragonMistress, ubertuna, Avrilicious, Devoidless, Carlie, and NoNameC68. If you are not on that list of names, your vote will not be counted. If there is a tie, or it is decided that the number of votes given were not enough to produce an accurate result, votes from all users will be accepted.

The current standings are:

Strop: 1
ubertuna: 1
kirkus333: 0
Klaushouse: 0
Estel: 0
Njaard: 0

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Your username: Carlie

Contestants name:Strop

Description of why: I love the idea that he used an armatar for his characters. It has a great flow, and I like how the cord leads over to the name of the site. The drawing is well done, and it is very creative. The bottom line is, this definitely is a shirt that I would wear.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

The image on the back of the shirt has the url on it.

Mmm, I just didn't find anything between the front and the back that related back to each other, so I thought the back could be omitted and the front could have the .com
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I'm not voting for myself as that would be corrupt. Therefore...

Username: Strop (UT, was this really necessary? :P)

Contestant name: Ubertuna

Description of why: Geek wit. I might recommend changing the font but otherwise what better way to have people single you out as a tourist only to recoil in horror as they realise you have no life? :P

---

As for my own design, I actually agree with DM with the no back idea. I'm flexible with the designs anyway: I have the original files and they're easily edited. And yes, I would love to do female (...and unisex?) versions if the idea takes off.

Think about the blue shirt though is that the bottom of the design just cuts off. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, as I was originally going to have it as an inset stripe of some sort. Again, maybe for discussion later.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I don't really know why greg wanted us to put our usernames on the shirts. As for my vote, I'm trying to decide between Estel and Strop.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Well each design, with the author's permision, will be subject to change right?

Anyways...

Judge:NoNameC68
User:Ubertuna
Reason:This shirt shows off a pretty good sence of humor. It also shows clearly what kind of site ArmorGames is, a site made up of flash games. It uses some old humor with a new twist which I realy like. I litterally loled when I read the shirt.

Other than the font used on the back of the shirt being changed, I can only think of one thing that should be added. I think it would be nice to have the AG Sheild and Swords logo positioned either over or under the "ArmorGames Gamer 4 Life". Nothing to big or fancy, just a little something that will have other people who serf the net say "Oh I remember seeing that emblem on this kick-but game on Newgrounds. Maybe I will check out that site." when they see the logo from a further distance.

Showing 1-15 of 45