ForumsGamesBloons Tower Defense VS GemCraft

7 3932
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Which one do you think is better?

I think Bloons Tower Defense is much better than GemCraft,and I want your opinion.

• 7 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, I play both the majority of the time, and judging by the gameplay, I think that they are equally the same. :P

ktwngr
ktwngr
179 posts
Nomad

I like both of them a lot! I think I like GemCraft better because of the strategy. However, I really like Bloons TD 2 as well because I like Bloons and it is another great step for ninjakiwi. They both bring something different to the table and it seems to be a matter of what you are looking for in a TD game.

souperman
souperman
35 posts
Nomad

Bloon's #2 is too easy. All you really do is place some dart towers, a cannon or two, and put road spikes back beyond their firing range.

Bloon's #1 has a similar problem. All you do is place a crapload of dart towers, and you automatically win.

However, both have a certain charm to them (IE, monkeys with darts, balloons, and bombs), and are very playable.

GemCraft is my personal preference, as it takes a bit of thought as to which grade of gem to place where (will the grade 4 be enough, or should I upgrade?), and the increasing cost of towers that makes placing towers on every open square impossible is a nice addition.

ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

I think GemCraft adds more to the focused TD genre, but I think I still prefer Vector TD 2.

I think Bloons 1 or 2 can be thought of as the perfect game to bring someone into the TD genre.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Just say whos better and your opinion!

Variecs
Variecs
75 posts
Nomad

bloons better. i hate gemcraft

ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

@crazynaitor,
Fine! Hmph.

GemCraft is better. Bloons TD seems borish for me.

Showing 1-7 of 7