ForumsForum GamesThe Armor Games game

317 59178
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ok this isn't much of a game, more of a competition liek thing but whatever. Anyway this game will be based on AG ONLY. So heres how you play.

I will either post a Ag trivia question or a zoomed in image.

For example:

Q: Who created Armorgames?

I will post this and you will try to answer, if you get it right you will get points, dependign on the difficulty you will receive mroe points. I will be having a leaderboard for the amount of points.

ok for the picture guessing this will how it will go
I will post this zoomed in image and you will have to guess it

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/7/14/f_myspicm_eba7e9d.png

Again, depending on the difficulty you will receive different points. Also the more detailed you describe it, the more poitns you will get.
Example: That image is an image of the AG logo
Better Example: Thats an image of the Ag logo right between the letter 'A' and the shield.

So now it will start with..........

Q: When were the AP unlockable Armatars introduced?
(5 points)

• 317 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

To become a mod, or to have more forum posts then comments. One of the two

Actually both but that wasn't listed.

To relax and have fun?

Correct!

Leaderboard
23 kingryan
8 ialwayswin
7 Carlie
5 squidlidink
3 drakokirby
3 Estel
3 Vitamins
2 steevo15
2 Mishkin100
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

next question please?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Describe it well or you wasted a perfectly easy picture

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/7/20/f_pic5m_771794a.png

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Wait there isn'y any thing there if there is I can't see it ;(

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That's sad : ( No my problem I guess : (

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I believe that that is the top right corner of skater_kid_who_pwns's armatar. Well, not only his, but that armatar in general :P

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I believe Estel was first although it wasn't so well described but owell!

Leaderboard
23 kingryan
8 ialwayswin
7 Carlie
5 squidlidink
4 Estel
3 drakokirby
3 Vitamins
2 steevo15
2 Mishkin100

Mishkin100
Mishkin100
36 posts
Peasant

Next question , please.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I feel very special my armature used in this fun little game lol.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Q: Name all 10 armortips for creating a good game name

Mishkin100
Mishkin100
36 posts
Peasant

Hard one for me

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This was all taken from the Armor Blog! All information below is from that

1) Short, but Not Too Short

People donât want to read a sentence. 1-3 words should be all, and any more or less should find a way to cut it down. This also saves the issue of website optimization since longer titles result in broken website layouts. Website owners get fussy and abbreviate (or even rename) your games if they do not fit the standard game name size. On the contrary, a tiny game name is going to have trouble getting any exposure. If your game was named âAkâ then it will be dwarfed easily by other titles.

Good Examples: âGrow Cubeâ, âModern Tacticsâ, or âDrunken Mastersâ

2) Make It Optimized for Searching

Naming a game âFlash Game Funâ is probably going to bury your game so far in the search results that anyone trying to search for it would fail. Use a single word or combination of words that are interesting together. My âKnights of Rockâ game had two very different keywords involved and holds the first 11 Google results. On the contrary, my game âOcean Explorerâ could have probably held a better title and is hidden way down in the depths at search result #8.

Good Examples: âUnfair Platformerâ, âMetro Siberiaâ, or âDoodle Defenderâ

3) Avoid Filler Words

Putting âFunâ or âGameâ in your title is probably one of the most cliche things you can do unless your game explicitly targets one of these words (such as the game âThe Worldâs Hardest Gameâ). These words are just filler⦠itâs something that makes any game go from âThe Exciting Titleâ to âThe Fun Exciting Titleâ or âThe Exciting Title Game.â It looks unprofessional and sounds cheesy. Also, you should never use âMy Title: The Gameâ unless your game was once a movie, book, or other media; âThe Gameâ should only be used when you need to differentiate it from another media.

Examples: âUltimate Gardening Gameâ, âFun Traffic Jumpâ, or âShutterbug Funâ

4) Watch for the Duplicate

Games should always get a quick search on the web to ensure that the game title is not already taken. Making a game then realizing that the title is taken just makes your job harder. Also, if your game shares a large portion of the name with anotherâs game (such as âPencil Defense Warsâ and âPencil Defense Fighterâ) then consider moving on to another title. Be wary that your game may also share a title with a popular book, film, or music album.

5) Use Awesome Words That You Know How to Use

Catch your audience off-guard with a catchy word. I am not saying use a word that no one would ever understand, but take the time to think of good words. Take the word âspinâ for example. Other choices may include âswirlâ, âwhirlâ, and so on. But always use words that you understand completely. Never use words that you have little knowledge of as this may lead to future grammatical embarrassment.

Good Examples: âBowmaster Preludeâ, âMonster Basementâ, or âPandemicâ

6) Can You Spell It?

Assume your audience has a fourth grade spelling level when you make a game. People are not going to be able to spell âAgathokakologicalâ if they decide to search for your game. If you have trouble spelling it from memory then skip it.

7) Make Your Own Word

âIndestructotankâ is a good example of this. The word is obviously the combination of âIndestructibleâ and âTank,â which allows a player searching to find it easily (correct me if I am wrong Tony). It is also clever and witty enough to stand out as a good title. If you choose to make your own word, make sure itâs easy to spell and only slightly modifies a word or group of words.

Good Examples: âIndestrutotankâ, âLuminaraâ, or âExorbisâ

Make It Related to Your Game

Itâs easy to get tied up in a title made of a bunch of cool words that have nothing to do with the game. Avoid this common problem by at least drawing to some element in the game. My game âTBAâ draws a lot of confusion because of itâs lack of description, while games like âTwoThreeâ get the job done. A good title that builds a relationship with the game also builds a relationship with the player, which allows the player to remember the title in the future!

Good Examples: âDescentâ, âCube Itâ, or âAlpha Assualtâ

9) Evolve Your Titles

Donât make a game title and stick to it! Constantly change up the words to get different ideas flowing. Most likely your game will change throughout production, so do not worry about sticking to your guns until you release it.

here is one progression I recently made:

1) Aboleo Genesis - Aboleo is a confusing word to spell.

2) Anima - Found out it was not the right Latin word.

3) Animus - Found out it was the name of the computer from Assassinâs Creed.

4) Genesis - Too similar to the Bible book, when on itâs own.

5) Spectrum Genesis - There we go!

10) Be Careful Using Genre-Specific Words

Using the words âTower Defenseâ in a game nowadays will get it easily lost to the âoh look just another tower defense gameâ crowd. This also goes for games that have the word âfighterâ or âshooterâ in them. Donât evoke a sense of averageness when you can go for awesome. Just be careful how generalized you make your words. Thatâs not to say that good games havenât come out of making genre-specific words; âStreet Fighterâ and âDesktop Tower Defenseâ were both splendid. But these game were genre-defining on their own so unless you game is helping make history it might be best to avoid common terms.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Leaderboard
23 kingryan
9 Estel
8 ialwayswin
7 Carlie
5 squidlidink
3 drakokirby
3 Vitamins
2 steevo15
2 Mishkin100

I have to goes have fun!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

What?

No more questions? Thats not fair...I only just got on....

Kingryan

Mishkin100
Mishkin100
36 posts
Peasant

Next question , please.

Showing 241-255 of 317