ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe As Of Yet Unnamed Story

4 3625
Thoth
Thoth
44 posts
Nomad

Argh, I forgot to add a title to the story just a minute ago. So now I have to start over.

France 1066

A small boy ran through the forest. He had short scruffy hair, a small nose, and a thin mouth. He stood about 5 feet tall. Most of his height was taken up by his long and lanky legs. There was something about him though. Something that screamed to the world that this boy was on the run. Maybe it was his wild eyes. Or possibly the look of someone who had not eaten in days.But the biggest giveaway was the voices of the men who surrounded him.

No, he thought. There has to be an escape. He glanced around wildly, but nothing presented itself. There were trees and some seemingly random bushes surrounding him. He ran to the largest tree he could find and scrambled up. When he got to about twenty-five feet a large bloodhound ran to his tree and started to bark madly. Five men came from from all different directions. They were large and sported the tunics of The Soldiers of Lord Halmontte. As they surrounded him, one of them said "no escape for you, Boy," and grinned stupidly.

As one of them started to climb the tree, the bushes came alive. No, not alive, the boy said to himself, but men covered in leaves. There were twelve men, each equipped with a bow and a sword. They all had long hair and were dressed in green clothing. One of them, the smallest, shouted "Fire!" Every man let his arrow loose. And each soldier hunting the boy fell with two arrows in his neck. The dog was hit in the ribcage and back.

Robbers, the boy thought. Soldiers and now robbers. He jumped down from the tree and started to run, but stopped at the sound of a bow being drawn. The smallest man, the one who had given the command to kill, murmured quietly "Your money and your life", and fired.

To be continued...

This is an introduction. I will write the next part in a few days, probably. Please give me feedback. Enjoy!

• 4 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I like it, except I do want to know if it is the small boy who is the protagonist, or the robbers.

Thoth
Thoth
44 posts
Nomad

Well, neither actually. This is an intro. The protagonist comes a little bit later.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ahh, I see. Well, I can't wait for it!

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Yes, very good start. Please alert me when your finished, This could be published!

Showing 1-4 of 4