ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 315008
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

You guys are in a way being ignorant your forgeting about a third choice that really fits both sides, adoption.

You expeirence the agonizing process of child devolpation and birth then tell us to adopt.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It's pure selfishnes to think "i'm going to give up 9 months of pain, by getting rid of a life forever."

hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

It's pure selfishnes to think "i'm going to give up 9 months of pain, by getting rid of a life forever.

It is pretty selfish to put a woman through that, endangering their life in the process.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

You guys are in a way being ignorant your forgeting about a third choice that really fits both sides, adoption.

Do you have any clue what the American adoption system is like? 80% of those kids will end up going from foster home to foster home, without a "dear, loving family," and will end up worse than if they had grown up in a household with their real mom who didn't want them in the first place.
FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

See the only reason why I am against it is because that will make people think that it is ok to slip up and have sexual activity and think its no big deal. Now my view on stem cell research is kind of shady even to me. I hear that quite a few break hroughs have come with stem cell research. If there is no other way then I have a solution. Allow abortion for maybe 3 to 5 months. Do all the stem cell research you can. Depending on the progress make an act on it.

Again I have made sure my girl and I stay as far away from this situation as possible so that way we would never have to make the choice. So this really dos not apply to me.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It is pretty selfish to put a woman through that, endangering their life in the process.

Indangering their life???

Do you have any clue what the American adoption system is like? 80% of those kids will end up going from foster home to foster home, without a "dear, loving family," and will end up worse than if they had grown up in a household with their real mom who didn't want them in the first place.

I'm adopted guess im one of the 20%, also life or a harsh 18 years..hmmm
hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

Indangering their life???

Wow, you are ignorant, many women die from giving brith.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'm adopted guess im one of the 20%, also life or a harsh 18 years..hmmm

18 years that leave without an education, job, or money.
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

then WAIT till it's about 5 when it can.

That escapes the immediacy of situation. Under your logic the current president (at any given time, not just Bush), would be unable to make decisions for the country because the next president, does not yet have the ability to make decisions for the country. The choice, however, only is needed at that very moment, the choice doesn't matter if the ability to choose has already passed. The choice lies with the mother, the only one who can rationally decide at the moment of need.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

A rough childhood doesn't exactly lead to that

Wow, you are ignorant, many women die from giving brith.

With modern technology i believe it's less than 1% of pregnent women
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

A rough childhood doesn't exactly lead to that

18 years in the foster program will, though.
lily92606
lily92606
216 posts
Nomad

its a sad loenly world i whish some poeple could see all this stuff they might change thier minds one way or the other

hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/4214

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well, women get abortions because they don't want the kid, but it's not the kids fault:

A: She should have used condom. Or, she should have waited to have sex until she was married and ready for a child.
B: If she did use a condom, and it just broke, that is not the kids fault. That's a risk you have to take when you have sex. Baby's aren't just disposable things you can get rid of.

Fact: 70% of women who get an abortion become depressed later in life. 30% of those 70 % commit suicide.

Fact: 57,000,000 babies are killed worldwide each year due to abortion.

Fact: 59% of women who get an abortion have insane health problems later in life, like not being able to get pregnant, heart and liver conditions that can prove to be fatal, and other things like that.

Fact: 90% of women who get abortions regret there decision and warn other women from getting an abortion.
hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

Fact: 70% of women who get an abortion become depressed later in life. 30% of those 70 % commit suicide.

Becuase you know, abortion is the only thing that causes sucidal tendacies.

Where are you pulling these stats btw? your ass?
Showing 781-795 of 1508