ForumsSupport ForumLeaderboard too high?

10 2191
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

One thing that I have noticed is that at the beginning of a new month the leaderboard for points is reset. Now I have known that for awhile, but the thing about it is that within a few days, people are already at like 1,000 1,500 ect. I think that is alittle high for points in just a few days. Im pretty sure that they are spamming on games and stuff. But thats just what I think.

Do you think that it gets too high too fast?

• 10 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

How many times has this been said? That leaderboard is very faulty, and has never worked 100% It is probably a glitch, or it just never reset from last month.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

One thing that I have noticed is that at the beginning of a new month the leaderboard for points is reset. Now I have known that for awhile, but the thing about it is that within a few days, people are already at like 1,000 1,500 ect. I think that is alittle high for points in just a few days. Im pretty sure that they are spamming on games and stuff. But thats just what I think.
Do you think that it gets too high too fast

Most likely they are spamming and are usually brought down and possibly even banned.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yes it does, but this is also one of the key places to check for spammers. When people shoot up in points like that, we make sure to look at their commenting practices, and delete any spam that is there.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

How many times has this been said? That leaderboard is very faulty, and has never worked 100% It is probably a glitch, or it just never reset from last month.

It never rally does work. That's true, but it is reset. I check it everyday to see what's going on.

When people shoot up in points like that, we make sure to look at their commenting practices, and delete any spam that is there.

What do you mean by commenting practices? I think I get the base word but not the word itself :P

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

All I am saying is that we review their commenting, and delete spam if it is found.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Oh, ok thanks Carlie. I guess I never really thought of it as a way to catch spammers. lol

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, ok thanks Carlie. I guess I never really thought of it as a way to catch spammers. lol

Lol yea... a pretty effective one too!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, and some people never realize it, making it all that easier to catch them.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

it get high way to fast people people rate games for points and put no thought into their comments

Chaze100

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I never take notice of the Current Leaderboard but yea I guess its too high for people making that points a day once at the end of a month 1st place had 3000AP!

Showing 1-10 of 10