ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI'm working on A Novel

5 3464
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm working on a novel, but I need some Ideas and Second opinions.

Plot Summary;
The Earth is close to destruction. Clark Lindermann, an astronaut and philanthropist is selected to pilot an experemental aircraft called Lifeline to find a new world. Astronomers have found a planet labeled 51123, also called Korial. They will send 500 humans to populate a new world. Scientists have been working on a new type of fuel that increases spacecraft speed greatly, but this fuel has defects, it is highly combustible and has claimed dozens of pilots already. This fuel, and project Lifeline is humanity's only hope for survival. Will it work, or will the 500 explode in deep space, condemning humanity to extinction? Will there be new intelligent life forms on this planet, and will they be a threat to humans?

What do you guys think?

• 5 Replies
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Sounds great! Make sure to print that and send it through the postal system so there is a hard piece of evidence saying you came up with this before anyone else.

Rockingkid45
Rockingkid45
35 posts
Nomad

i agree with him when u post things on the computer many ppl can steel the idea so, be prepared! I like writing novals too. i am in the middle of 2 so it is cool that u like 2 write!!!!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I hate fiction books :-$
Just don't do it for money and you'll be fine.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

BWAHAHAHAH STOLEN. But yeah I like the idea, almost reminds me of battlestar galactica(alone in space type thing). Just depends how your grammar and vocabulary are. I dabble in writing and have 90 average in class, if you want me to maybe look at a page or two I can tell you whether or not you need to improve in some places!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There have been several science fiction works that focus on extra-terrestrial colonisation (e.g. the Mars series), but I'm interested to see that this one tackles the issues of the developmental logistics of such. Well, possibly.

My suggestion, therefore, would be to actually address the how and the challenges that one might face in setting up such programs- not so much about intelligent life but the issues leading up to actually getting people from here to god-knows-where. This would of course depend on whether you intend to write a drama, soft/hard sci-fi, comedy, satire etc. But I just feel it would be more topical and therefore people would find it more relevant, or even prescient.

Showing 1-5 of 5