ForumsSupport ForumLayout Suggestion

12 2516
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I was looking at the home page and I noticed there is a space open. I tried to think of what could be put there and then I realized the store might be a good option. I think Carlie had said that T-shirts will be coming soon. Well, so you guys are not confused on what I think should be done, I made a picture. Click HERE! I know it is not great quality but you can get the gist of it.

What do you guys think? Also, what do you think could be put there or should they just leave it blank?

• 12 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

It could be your browser or some add-on you have, but that space is taken up by ads for other sites.Some people especially those who have IE see these.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well yeah that's a good idea, or put important events(like big contests!) going on in the community at times, that is where the advertisements go, but those could be movied elsewhere on the homepage, i think.
I'd like to see other suggestions on this, and what the mods/admins think on this, as it may be a good way to get people more into big community things, and the shop, like shon in the picture =]

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I really don't like it companies advertise such things for a profit.

And what space are you talking about? There are ads covering up any spaces.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Oh dang, I forgot I had Ad Blocker Plus on FireFox. My bad. I do believe the store should be more noticeable though considering not many people even know there is a store.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

considering not many people even know there is a store.

lol. That's true though, maybe this could be intergrated into the 'News' section on the Homepage?
Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Oh, lolz. You had ad blocker. That is a nice idea, though!

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

lol. That's true though, maybe this could be intergrated into the 'News' section on the Homepage?

They could make the news part smaller like lessen the amount of words shown from the message. Then maybe they could squeeze in something about the store.
ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

yah thats cool...i would like some game options there though instead of somethin selling... but cool idea

O.x

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

Like the idea of having the store on the home page. It will catch our attention every time we log on so then the store might make some $$$.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Stop trying to fill space that is fine as it is. Jesus it's like a little open space is horrible. I'd hate to see google in charge you you! :P

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

They could make the news part smaller like lessen the amount of words shown from the message. Then maybe they could squeeze in something about the store.

Death to the Random Game maybe? That could be where the shop or whatever would go there could go, although maybe they could just do a whole different layout for the homepage lol.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That's alright.

Showing 1-12 of 12