ForumsSupport ForumA Temporary Olympics Section

17 3114
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hi All,

I think that during the Olympics there should be an extra Forum Section dedicated to it.

That way, topics won't pop up about it anywhere else, and it will provide everyone with something to talk about...

What do you think?

KingRyan

• 17 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Umm okay I guess that would be good Ryan.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

yeah I love that idea where we could post like soccer finals basketball etc. that would be a good idea

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

This is a great idea.

This should be set out like the forums/comunity

Baseball.

BAsketball.

Motorbike riding.

Bmx.

With all the tabs, and the updates, and we can post who is going to win comps.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

That would be awesome, instead of having olympic threads in news & world, tavern, etc.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

here here. well played kingR

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

An olympic topic would belogn in the World Events section.

If there were a section for it it ther e should be a sports section. ALthough the olympics would have liek 50 threads popping up I don't think its a good idea.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

A section of the forums for all sport related topics would be a good idea,since there other things across the year that are sports related that the could discuss there,and the world politics section to me is more related to stuff you hear on the news.Of course you here abut sports on the news,but I never watch that part of it anyways.I think if their going to make a new section about the Olympics they might as well make it for all sports so people can discuss stuff like football on it during fall and winter.Also it would be pointless to make a section that's only going to last for like a month and then disappear for like 4 years if not completely.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I'd like the idea, because Olympic topics just kinda spring up in either Tavern or World Events, no one really knows where to put their Olympic topics.

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

Thats a great idea. Would have me replying all day long while watching the games.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Well, the only problem with this is people would get pissed to see their forum posts go away. Then they would make threads and it would be AP addict chaos. I just think a topic for sports would be great and then Olympics can be a sticky in that section.

Sekel6520
Sekel6520
167 posts
Peasant

it would kinda to be a waste of time to put a "temporary forum" and im with total review, he took the words right out of my mouth hahah. oh well. there could be an olympics section all the time where you can put who you think is getting the most medals for each event for the next year and such.

Sekel6520
Sekel6520
167 posts
Peasant

That also works. its pretty much the same thing in this situation

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sports section is not worth it. We have had a thread about this. A temp olympics section would be interesting but not sure how many people would be on it.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Hm, they should just make a temporary stickied topic in world events. People could talk about the Olympics in that thread instead of 50 threads being made in a section.

That's what I was thinking, but the Olympics have a wide range of things to talk about, that wouldn't go well in one topic.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Hm, they should just make a temporary stickied topic in world events. People could talk about the Olympics in that thread instead of 50 threads being made in a section.

Showing 1-15 of 17