ForumsSupport ForumPetition for the chat back!

16 2729
Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

To all those on AG who want the chat back... This could be our chance... Maybe if enough people give their word and signatures not too abuse the chat... maybe, just MAYBE, carlie and the mods could reconsider...

Ex: I give my solemn vow not too abuse the chat.

Sincerely,

lilboi3000

• 16 Replies
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I don't know... I don't think having chat is a very good idea. Many people (whether they sign or not) will abuse the chat. Maybe it will come back, but it will need a system to block out words and random warnings.

Anyway, I will not abuse the chat.

Gman1000

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

I will not abuse the chat(Because I don't use it duh)

PurpleDinosaur

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

(Not trying to stop the flow, just interjecting here)

*If* we were to get the chat back, it would have to be an AG creation. As you may or may not know, the forums as well as the site are made from scratch. We had a Meebo room for a while, which gave us little/no control over them, except to punish people outside of the chat. If (a very large, large if) we were to get it back, we would need much more control over the chat, which is the main reason they were gotten rid of. Although you all may petition for it (which I support, power to the people!) there will always be people that will abuse the chat and don't care about the general wellbeing of AG.

Keep on keepin' on.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

*If* we were to get the chat back, it would have to be an AG creation. As you may or may not know, the forums as well as the site are made from scratch. We had a Meebo room for a while, which gave us little/no control over them, except to punish people outside of the chat. If (a very large, large if) we were to get it back, we would need much more control over the chat, which is the main reason they were gotten rid of. Although you all may petition for it (which I support, power to the people!) there will always be people that will abuse the chat and don't care about the general wellbeing of AG.

I agree with this, especially it having to be site run.

I remember some good parts of the chat, like some fun chats with Asherleee . But the old one was just more of a hassle than a bonus, this would need a lot more power (and not too the people this time XD).
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Ok, obviously whoever made this is completely uninformed about whats happening on AG. We have a chat, Klaushouse made it. It's unofficial, but it's the chat.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Iron - Lord

Flag

Ok, obviously whoever made this is completely uninformed about whats happening on AG. We have a chat, Klaushouse made it. It's unofficial, but it's the chat.

Exactly, Maybe he didn't hear the news, It's a perfect chat room, you should of went their.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I'll go see if a mods on to lock this. It seems like its resolved, right?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

What we need to do, is find a way to put THAT chat straight on AG. The thing is, how will this be any different? There will be people that will space out cusswords, post inappropriate links, etc., and a mod can't moderate a chat 24/7, so I see an AG chat as not plausible at the moment, but the one you made is a good substitute

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

the one you made is a good substitute

Nonononononononononononononono. Not my chat, All the credit has to go to Klaushouse He made the chat.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, the best ive found of a chat room.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I don't think that the chat will come back. Too many people abuse it.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Come on!! Really dragon, don't just read the title and then post. We already moved on past a petition.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, I read what lilboi said, and he said about a petition. I never read the title and post.

jonah007
jonah007
9 posts
Nomad

I think that the chat feature should come back but to be able to use it you must have at least x amount of points.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Well, since the 'etition' seems to be ended, and now people are just talking about the chat again, seems it's time for this to get locked. It was a good idea though )

Honestly, if you want to chat, Check out the unofficial chat here. It's the closest we'll have for a while yet.

Showing 1-15 of 16