ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion: Editing/deleting own posts

11 2389
Orclegion
Orclegion
30 posts
Nomad

Hello,
I'm suggesting adding an edit post feature.
So that X person can edit their own posts, be it spelling, changed mind, or jsut wanted to delete their post altogether.

I thought of this when I went to edit a comment of mine - although this feature could be more useful on the forums then on comments, but both would be useful!

Thanks,
Orclegion

• 11 Replies
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well no editing your own post is good not anyone elses though I was trying to get a merit and I spelled a word wrong so I wanted to fix it but I couldn't

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

We have been over this many, many, many times. Armor Games wants to be creative and original. Editing and deleting is used on most forums. End of discussion.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

this actually could be a good idea, with the right modifications and all.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This would be awesome, but drakokirby has a point.

Orclegion
Orclegion
30 posts
Nomad

We have been over this many, many, many times. Armor Games wants to be creative and original. Editing and deleting is used on most forums. End of discussion.

K. Sorry. Didn't know, I haven't seen a topic on this yet, but that's probably because I started yesterday.
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

We have been over this many, many, many times. Armor Games wants to be creative and original. Editing and deleting is used on most forums.

DrakoKirby, that isn't creative, it's just lazy.

More to the point, I was just thinking this. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could do that.

Although, I also think that it should be the poster's responsibility to think ahead and re-read his posts before he submits them.
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

The reason that we don't have this right now is not because we are trying to be unique... I agree that we need some sort of something to address this. Yes, it has been suggested a lot, but if someone just joined, it's daunting to go back through the posts. Just make sure you read the stickies, I'm sure something is in there about this.

In any case, be patient... you never know when new things will pop up )

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

And yet, in about a week or two, someone will post this same type of topic and we will have to say the same thing. It's a never-ending circle of questions.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Really, I don't think we'll be unoriginal with a simple feature like that? I mean, being original would be not even having a forum, or categorizing by genre. It's a simple, helpful feature that everyone seems to like, me included, and I really hope it gets put into action soon.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, I've wanted to do this many times, on some posts and I would have liked to edit a typo on one of my merit attempts.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

yeah, there are times where i misspell a key word in one of my posts and i have to post a correction which is just like spamming.

Showing 1-11 of 11