ForumsProgramming ForumNeed Help Creating a Flash RPG game

15 7350
HeroRPGguide
HeroRPGguide
11 posts
Nomad

I am starting to create a Flash RPG game, with a battle system very similar to Athalia and Hero RPG. I have a Plan Packet full of all the ideas and concepts, along with some graphics I have created. I believe this RPG will be quickly popular. My Actionscript knowledge is very low and whenver I try doing all this myself, I just end up screwing it up. If I am going to use this idea, I want it to be the best it can be. I am looking for someone who is dedicated and knows what they are doing in flash. and can do advanced actionscripting. Since I am a Graphic Designer, I will make characters and any other graphics the creator sees fit.

Benefits:
1. My help with any graphics
2. Creator Tag with me as Co-Creator
3. Revolutionary Flash RPG idea that will get peoples attention

I will assure anyone who is interested they will not be disappointed. I am not sharing the idea over forums because I feel I want only true dedicated flash creators to help with this.

Jordan aka Blodder

• 15 Replies
Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

i have the same problem!

HeroRPGguide
HeroRPGguide
11 posts
Nomad

lol? im sorry you do too, im working on some of the character motions. Ill let you guys know, im not some sort of new person who just wants to make a game, I have really thought this out and am very serious about this

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

So, you want a programmer to work with you on it? And would it be over profile comments or e-mail (I'd prefer former).

I may be able to help if ur using actionscript 2.0...I don't know much about 3.0 (tho I could learn easily).

I already have an idea for how to make a combat system like hero RPG, but I'm not sure if that's what you want.

So, basically, you can comment on my profile if you need something, and I'll see what I can do.

Hope I can help!

HeroRPGguide
HeroRPGguide
11 posts
Nomad

Yes I would love your help! and id like to see your idea on the similarly new hero rpg battle system. if we could exchange e-mails or aim S/N's we could talk about it over those, I could also send you the Plan Packet game ideas that I wrote up, and you can tell me once you read them if they are possible for you or not, and what we can do to change them to still be a good game.

thank you very much,

Jordan aka Blodder

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately I am not in the mood to make an RPG type game. But if help is ever needed I am always here. Whether it is GFX, ideas, writing, AS or even just your grammar I am here to help.I wish you luck and I would like to say program do not underestimate the work in doing this. Will be much harder than you expect!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Don't worry, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting my self into.

I've thought up a few systems to work and have already made a movement demo so I'm getting right on it!

HeroRPGguide
HeroRPGguide
11 posts
Nomad

ok cool thanks program pro! I am also getting the help of other people on another site that are going to try and help also! if when your done you could send me the flash file of your movement demo and I could check it out, I keep getting flash trials and Im running out, bout time I paid 800 bucks for it =\\ ug..

Klaushouse, i have helped in other game creations, not including flash, this is new for me. I know the commitment and how hard it is to create and if i need help ill be sure to let you know.

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

the main problem with the RPG's ive been trying to make is collision with walls. If the screen follows him and he hits a wall he will move off the screen. Can someone please help me!!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Gfitz, don't give him coordinates at all...just have him sit perfectly in the middle of the screen, and do the wall collision detection on some variant of the current world's position.

And, if you sort of already do that, maybe you're changing the guys ._x instead of your assigned x position.

Sorry, I cant give much help if I don't know you're situation.

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

Oh thanks Programpro!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

No problem whatsoever : )

HeroRPGguide
HeroRPGguide
11 posts
Nomad

Programpro you get my e-mail?

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Yes, I did, and I commented on it on ur profile!

I'll get the demo to you in my reply.

lusiano1994
lusiano1994
9 posts
Nomad

i want to know how to program that wen a pleyes shoot the smoke take out from pistol

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

lusiano i dont know what you are saying so try being a little more clearer...

Showing 1-15 of 15